Thirteen

I hate Lance McClain.

I hate that he makes me laugh. I hate that he makes me blush. I hate that he holds my hand and grabs my arm and wraps his arm around my waist to surprise me. I hate that he ruffles my hair. I hate that his smile is so majestic and his eyes glisten with happiness. I hate that he's so benevolent. I hate that he haunts my dreams. I hate that I like him so much.

I don't blame myself. I blame him. It's his perfect personality and his most likely perfect body that makes me swoon over him every hour. I blame him for distracting my thoughts in school and causing me to focus less when I'm working. 

He doesn't understand this, he doesn't understand why I'm so angry. When I tell him I'm upset, he, being a good person, tries in all of his abilities to try and make me feel better. He doesn't understand that when he does that he makes it worse. He doesn't understand that just staring at him makes me fall deeper and deeper. 

The things I'd do just to be with Lance McClain, to fill these feelings with the thing they need. 

Weeks have passed since Allura caught me in the study. She explained to me it was her father's and she comes in here every day to remember him. She told me it's fine to read the books, just put it back where it was. I haven't been in there since. 

Ever since then, my mind was full of Lance and just Lance. I dream of him and think of him and I need Lance. No one knows, only Takashi. I haven't called Takashi in about two months now. It's the beginning of December now. I miss Takashi. 

Anyway, life just sucks right now. Life will always suck. 

On the first Friday of December, Lance comes walking in the astronomy room and plops down. He turns to me and smiles brightly. I already feel my body call out and ache for him. I cross my arms and slouch down in the chair.

"What's got you in a happy mood?" I ask, glancing down at his wide smile. 

"Oh, nothing." He sighs, still smiling. "I'm just having a winter hang out this weekend and you're invited."

"Who's going to be there?" I ask, narrowing my eyes.

"Me, you, Pidge, and Hunk, of course." Lance leans forward. 

"We'll see." I look out the window, watching the soft grey clouds pass by.

"I'll take it as a yes." Lance points his silly finger guns at me.

"I didn't say yes." I look towards Lance.

"But you need to go," Lance whines. He pushes out his bottom lip and raises his eyebrows, similar to a crying baby. "Please?" He whimpers. 

"In your dreams." I scoff. 

"Keith- You know what. No. I'm not going to beg like usual. I'm going to demand." Lance slams his fist down as the bell rings for class to begin.

"Have fun with that." I sigh as I glance behind me, noticing the teacher is late again.

"What will make you go?" Lance tiredly asks. 

If you kiss me right now.

"Nothing." 

"You're such a party pooper, Keith." Lance groans. 

"I'm not a party pooper." I chuckle softly. I lightly tap his shin with my foot. He looks at me and kicks me softly. 

"I'll do whatever, just please go," Lance begs.

Kiss me.

"Anything?"

"Anything."

I look around the classroom, noticing the teacher still late. I look back at Lance and smile softly. I lean in and whisper "Go up to the front of the class and teach the class about..." I think for a moment. "Teach us about something we don't normally learn in school." I look into Lance's eyes. They lighten up and he smiles. 

"Bet." Lance stands up and begins to walk to the front of the class. 

My jaw drops a little and I lean back to watch the show. I cross my arms and keep my eyes on him.

He goes up the chalkboard, most people not even noticing he's up there. Lance, not being the brightest, places his fingertips on the chalkboard and drags them down, letting out a high, screeching noise that made everyone flinch and groan. He has everyone's attention now. 

"Um, good morning, or afternoon or whatever. Today we're learning about..." He grabs a piece of white chalk and begins to write. In big bold letters, Lance writes "SEX". He turns to and smiles at the class. They all start to chuckle and look around. "So, what are your questions?" He places the places the piece of chalk on the ledge. 

A few hands go up and Lance points to some guy. "How do I convince my chick to let me have more than one girl in bed?" He asks. Some of his friends howl in agreement and wait for Lance's reply. I chuckle and look at him. He looks back at me. Lance licks his lips and smiles. 

"Depends on how many girls you want," Lance replies. They all laugh. More hands go up and Lance picks out a girl.

"My boyfriend says he's too big for a condom but in reality, he's too small to even do anything." She was sheepish and her face was fiercely red. People laugh and laugh. 

"It's fine, it's fine. Calm down." Lance chuckles. His face was too turning a big red. "I suggest you dump him and find a new man." Lance winks at the girl, causing everyone to laugh more. "Next question." He calls out. Nearly everyone raises their hand. Lance picks someone in the crowd. 

"How was Allura in bed?" He calls out. Everyone hollers and, mostly the guys, lean in, interested. I feel my stomach knot up and threaten to throw up my lunch. 

"Majestic. Next?" Lance replies with an awkward smile. 

"You've been hanging out with loner guy over there," They point at me and all eyes point at me. I just wave. "How's he in bed?" 

"Absolutely wonderful. I was satisfied for weeks." Lance groans and lets out a playful wink and everyone laughs. I feel my face heat up as I look at Lance. 

"Thanks, Lance. Glad you enjoyed it." I say. Lance gives me a thumbs up. 

"What is happening in here!?" The teacher booms, instantly killing the mood.

Everyone dies down and hangs their head. Lance rushes to erase the board, but it was too late. She saw it. "Hi, Ms. Blue. Just um...teaching them about space." Lance lets out a weak chuckle. 

"Lance McClain...go down to the office, right...now." She breathes out heavily. Steam rolls out of her ears and her face turns red. 

"C'mon Ms. Blue, it's just space. Didn't you know when-"

"Now!" She points to the door and screams. Lance flinches and throws his hands up, pretending he's scared. Lance begins to mutter something in Spanish. No one understands him, but we all knew it was not good things. I stand up and follow next to Lance. "Keith, sit down." She sighs, letting out all of her steam. 

"I told him to do it." We both stop at the doorway. 

"Whatever..." She sighs and closes her eyes, rubbing her temples. 

We both begin to head down the hallway. Lance's head stays down and his hands stay in his pocket. "Lance I'm sorry for getting you in trouble," I softly say. "We don't need to go down. We can just...ditch until class is over." I shrug. 

"No." Lance suddenly says. He finally lifts his head and looks at me. "You're going to make this up to me by coming over tomorrow and staying the night." Lance stops and smiles brightly. I groan and roll my eyes. He got me. 

"Fine. Deal." I put my hand out for Lance to shake. Lance cheers and takes my hand and shakes it. 

This is going to be a torturous weekend.