Didn't Know Anger Made Ice

Start from the beginning

Once the sky clears up though, I can see he's panting and gasping for air like he's been holding in his breath for the entire duration he was under Shinsou's control.

"Midoriya has stopped!" Present Mic yells, just as surprised as the rest of us. The crowd roars in amazement, and I feel the tension leave me, a sigh escapes, and I begin to smile.

He made it out!

I can see Shinsou's look of surprise, then his mouth moves, but I can't hear what he's saying. Izuku clamps his hand onto his mouth to avoid talking.

"What did you do!" Shinsou shouts in anger. That, I can hear.

And that's when my feelings start to mix up a bit. I really do want Izuku to win, I really do. But on the other hand, Shinsou wants to win just as much, if not more. And that's what we're all here to do, to win. God, why is this so difficult?

I watch as Izuku starts running towards him, and Shinsou is still spouting words in hopes to get something out of Izuku.

"You don't know what it's like to be born with a quirk like mine, to be judged by everybody!" He looses his cool and starts showing his true colors, his real feelings.

Izuku looks pained, but when he reaches Shinsou, he puts his arms forward onto his shoulders, and begins to push him towards like a bully on the playground. He's trying to push him towards the white marker.

"Say something!" Shinsou shouts angrily, noticeably irritated.

He lands a loud and brutal looking punch of Izuku, to which I flinch at.

I see blood start to gush out of his nose, and oh God, I want to help.

"Oh, yeah?! Well, I can't lose either!" Izuku screams, and continues pushing Shinsou.

Shinsou then punches Izuku's broken fingers, and he yelps, then turns around to hold them. He turns his head to fight back, but then Shinsou grabs his face, then locks his hand on his shirt where his chest is and he too starts to forcefully move Izuku out of the arena boundaries.

Izuku grabs Shinsou's collar, then with his other hand, he latches it onto Shinsou's forearm. He winces as his broken fingers make contact with the forearm. I wince too.

His face, though. It's full of determination...and perseverance. He wants this so bad.

With Izuku's secure grip on Shinsou, he turns around with him, and slams Shinou onto the ground, crossing the boundary.

Shinsou's mouth gasps at the impact with the concrete floor.

Everything is quiet, so quiet.
Izuku looks very surprised, like he can't believe what he had just done.

Midnight's arm shoots into the air, like she's that one kid in class who definitely knows the answer, her bracelet jingling down her wrist.

"Shinsou, out of bounds! Midoriya advances to the second round!

Everyone cheers, and I feel like crying, but I'm not sad. I'm happy, way too happy. Which is rare.

I let myself bask in this beautiful feeling.

"And the first person to pass the first round is Midoriya Izuku!" Present Mic announces, and then it seems like the crowd is screaming even more.

Uraraka sighs in relief.

"As expected." Iida comments.

"Hey, hey Bakugou, isn't that the same shoulder toss he used on you?" Kaminari asks, though the answer is clear and I think he's just saying it because he wants to irk or tease Bakugou.