Mushy Peas and a Totally Normal School Event

I lay awake at night, a new bruise on my cheek, as a result of being late, courtesy of my father.

There's a pack of mushy peas on the floor next to my mattress, I've had that over my cheek for a good hour, then put it back in the freezer so it'd be cold again. I tossed it on the side in frustration, it's not like the bruise will subside in the allotted time I have to go back to school the day after tomorrow. I'm just hoping some makeup will do the trick.

Todoroki... there's something about him. He's quite strong, maybe even stronger than Bakugou. But he just gives off some vibe, and then there's the fact that he doesn't use his fire quirk, it's only the ice. There has to be some reason, or maybe I'm over thinking this, and he's looking for the perfect opportunity to use his fire quirk.

There's also the deal with his scarred face.

I won't ask, it's for him to say, it's not my place to go and ask. I have scars, too, a couple on my face and others scattered around my body, and I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable having people asking me about them, unless I feel like I can tell them.

I prop myself to sit up, leaning against the wall. I watch the curtains blow forwards, I must've left the window open.

The only good thing that came out of this whole incident is that Mr. Aizawa hasn't called me for that other incident in the bathroom. More than likely, actually, probably 100% likely, there'll be a sub, and I doubt he'll have any idea of what's happened.

I lift my hand, place it on the windowsill, cold from the night.

Midoriya...

That idiot made me worry so much. His finger and both of his legs are broken. His damn quirk, he can't control it, and as a result, his limbs are usually broken.

My hands moves to my forehead, lightly tugging on my hair.

Green hair and eyes that match, how can you be so brave yet so reckless?

In defeat, I pick up the bag of frozen peas, placing the now mushy but still cold bag on my cheek. It does relieve it somewhat, but I'm just hoping it'll go back to my normal shade, not the nasty purple bruise. If not, concealer will have to do.
.

Next day at school, I'm not much better.

Although I even saw Midoriya with my own eyes, he's alive and well, I don't know. I still can't help what happened. First time I actually used my quirk and managed to hurt them. I wasn't ready for that.

I can't shake that feeling of doing what my father does to me. And I do realize that's part of what a hero does, and at some point, I'm going to have to accept that. Who knows how long that'll take.

But if attacks like these happen frequently, then I'm going to have to quicken my pace with this stuff.

I hear an angry remark from Bakugou to Mineta, and I barely pay any mind to it.

"Everyone!" I hear a shout from Iida, kind of surprising, as he rushes in the classroom. "It's almost time for homeroom, so get to your seats!"

"We are; you're the only one who's not." Someone calls.

The front classroom door opens. "Good morning." I look up for the first time since I got here, and am rather startled to see Mr. Aizawa here. Covered in bandages, with explains the slightly muffled tone.

"Y-you're back too soon!" The class cries.

"You're too much up a pro!" Kaminari adds.

Iida's hand shoots up. "Mr. Aizawa, are you sure you're all right?!"

"My well being isn't important, what happened happened. More importantly, the fight's not over yet."

Fight..?

"The U.A. sports festival is near."

"That's a totally normal school event!" The class cheers, and I go back to staring at my desk.

The sports festival is always televised, so naturally we grew up watching it. And of course it involves hand to hand.

I'm lucky my quirk is mainly defensive.
.

"Wait, wait!" Kaminari interrupts.

"Are you sure it's okay to hold such an event right after we were attacked?" Jirou speaks up.

"Yeah what if they attack us again?" Ojiro asks.

"Apparently they think if we move on, villains will think we manage crisis well. Security will be up five times more than of previous years." Mr. Aizawa explains.

"And either way, the sports festival holds a great opportunity for you, it's not to be cancelled because of a few villains."

'A few villains.'

"This sports festival is one of the biggest in Japan. In the past, the Olympics were a huge event. With reduction of scale and population, they're now a shell of their former glory. And for Japan, this is was what supersedes the Olympics!"

This is huge event, and I have to do well, and of course that means having to face off with people in combat. Hopefully over time, I'll get used to it. This field is mainly combat anyway.

"Of course, if you get into a big agency, popularity and experience is bound to happen. Time is limited, if you are going pro, then this event is vital. Once a year, a total of three chances. If you understand, don't slack off-homeroom dismissed."

I'm literally starting to clam down, when I hear "[Last Name], I need a word with you."

Most of the class has seperated at this point, and I know there is zero escape from this man.

"Look, [Last Name], I know this has never been assigned to you, and you've probably haven't been evaluated for this stuff either." Mr. Aizawa starts, and I don't know what to say. I'm speechless, and I know Uraraka and Midoriya probably did pass on the incident. Who am I kidding, they 100% told Mr. Aizawa!

"We were all talking, your teachers and I, and we decided a counselor."

A counselor! My other teacher's hadn't given a shit on what's been happening to me, so why now?

"I..I.." Is all I manage to choke out.

"I called your father, he didn't seem to interested, in fact, he opposed the idea, but we informed your mother and she was the complete opposite."

At that point, I feel like passing out, I've gone completely cold and pale, and I don't need to look in a mirror to know.

I swallow my remorse and let out a shaky "Yes, sir."

.
At lunch, Uraraka calls me over so we could all talk. I'm slightly better, but not too much since I was wrong.

"E-everyone is so into it!" Midoriya stutters im amazement, since our entire class is chatting about the upcoming sports festival.

"And you're not!? We enrolled here to be heroes, so it's only natural!" Iida explains in excitement.

"Iida, you have a unique way of getting fired up, it's weird." Asui comments.

"Midoriya, don't you agree?" Iida questions.

"Of course I do, but.."

"Deku, [Last Name], Iida..." Our attention is called and we look up only to find a frightening Uraraka.

"Let's do our best!!" She says, eyebrows facing dow, teeth clenched.

If anything, she's all of a sudden turned into Bakugou. The vibe she throws all of a sudden is rather terrifying.
.
.
.

I made a one shot book for My Hero Academia, so check it out if you'd like. Also, MHA is on Toonami now, and I'm so happy!