Nerds and Names Aren't So Bad

I cast my eyes down sometimes, when I walk in public, that is.
It's just a bad habit I catch myself doing here and there.

But you know the saying, right?
Old habits die hard, right?

Plus, today was rather challenging, that entire test was a trick.

Well, at least I didn't score too badly.

"Oh! You're that girl from earlier! The shy one!"

The voice cuts through my thoughts like wind, and I glance over towards the voice overflowing with positivity.

The Infinity Girl, she runs towards me and I unconsciously take a step back, not knowing whether I should just run away.

Like always.

She catches up, her cheeks still tinted in that shade of pink, bright brown eyes shining like the stars on a clear night.

"Say, what's your name?" She looks over to me as we start walking towards the entrance.

"Huh? I...uhh..[Last Name] [Name]..." I look down to my shoes, face heating up.

It's not like I'm was made to socialize.

Right?

"Ah, that's right! Maybe I just forgot.. Well, that's fine! I'm Uraraka Ochako, and, I hope you don't mind me asking, but, do you think we could be friends?" She smiles kindly at me while I stopped walking, remaining frozen in place.

Friends?

She stops and looks at me with a genuinely, or at least I hope, concerned face.

"Huh? [Last Name]? Did I say something wrong?"

I feel tears creep up on the corners of my eyes, but I don't want them there.

"Me? Why me..?" I whisper while she stares on confusion.

"[Last..]?"

"I-it's nothing!" I say suddenly, too suddenly, in fact.

"I mean, I'm fine, I just...Spaced out. We can be friends.. I-I wouldn't mind."

She smiles once more. "That's great!"

We resume walking, talking along the way, though, I think she did more talking.

But that's just fine. It's suits her more than it will ever to me.

"Ah-You two! Wait up! You going to the train station? Wait for us!" She grabs my arm and pulls me towards the boys she was calling.

"Uraraka? And, [Last Name], right?" The green haired boy, Midoriya asks.

The redness and shyness takes over me again and I just hesitantly nod 'yes.'

"You're the infinity girl?" The taller of the two, or actually all of us, asks before Uraraka nods.

"I'm Uraraka Ochako, that's [Last Name] [Name]," I fiddle with a longer strand of my bangs.

"You're... Iida Tenya and...Midoriya Deku, right?"

Deku?

"Deku!?" He flinches.

"But... Isn't that what the blond haired kid called you?" Uraraka asks, reminiscing what happened not too long ago.

"Uhh... Izuku is my real name, but Kacchan just calls me that to make fun of me..." Midoriya frantically explains.

"An insult.." Iida adds.

"Oh, right! Sorry about that!" Uraraka cries.

"..It's not that bad... Use it that name as if to show him he can't hurt you. Like it doesn't faze you at all." I say softly while the others look at me.