Chapter 5

The sun was shining on my face and that was when I realized I didn't pull the curtain down yesterday after school.

Today was Saturday, Saturday came really fast. I glanced at my alarm clock and it was 10:50. I had about an hour to prepare for the book launching, I went downstairs to see if breakfast was ready. What am I saying sef? Of course breakfast was ready. I went to the kitchen and saw a plate of fried plantain and eggs, my favorite.

As soon as I was done, I went to brush my teeth and have my bath. I went to my bed side table and rubbed the coconut oil on my body. Yeah I react easily to most creams and lotions so I've decided to stick to coconut oil, I went into my walk in closet to pick a dress before my rude sister walked into my room.

"Oluchi mummy said you should be fast oh, if you like be doing like a snail there." She walked out before I could even reply her. Speaking of rude, I rolled my eyes and groaned.

I picked a grey skinny jeans, black cropped hoodie and black boots with about 2 inch block heels. I already loosened my hair yesterday so I just put it in a bun,I applied a little lip gloss that was pinkish in color, took my purse, little money, my phone and went downstairs.

"I thought you'll spend eternity in your room. Let's go jor." Yeah my mum. Typical her.

I discovered we lived in the same estate, it took like five minutes to get to get to their house. I had to admit his house was fine, it was a duplex painted blue almost grey with tiles placed in certain places. A lot of cars were there so we had to pack a little further from their house. We got down and went into the compound.

I and my sister followed my mum into the house, my mum left us to greet her friends and I sat down on a couch with my sister.

"This one you've been quiet since, what happened?" She asked me while pressing her phone. I looked at her and that was when I really took note of what she wore. Being my sister, she wasn't this kind of person that was extra. She wore a short black tight gown that showed her curves and was just above her knees, she was slim thick, then she rounded off everything she wore with a black sandals with little golden thingys at the front.

"Nothing oh, I'm not just in the mood. Eh hen. You'll cover for me oh, I'm going out with Nonso." I kept looking at her to know her reaction.

"Is that why you rubbed lip gloss and you even wore boots? Bad child." Yeah, I prefer sandals or flats. I hardly wear heels even though I'm a little bit on the short side.

"Abeg help me jare, I didn't tell you to analyze my dressing" I brought out my phone. "Ahu otutu"I muttered. (I don't really know how to explain ahu otutu but it's what Igbos in Nigeria call oversabi. Like someone that acts like he or she knows it all.)

"I heard that." She sang.

I was about to reply her when I felt a hand covering my eyes. I touched the hand, I tried reaching the person's face but like I said, I'm a little bit on the short side.

"Nonso?"

"Hey cupcake. How you doing?" He asked sitting by my side, I could easily smell his cologne, I liked it. Through the corner of my eyes, I saw my sister looking at us.

She cleared her throat,"let me go and look for a boy I'll toast." She got up and left. She won't do that, she's going to look for food. I know her.

"I'm okay. You?" I looked at him to see what he was putting on. He wore a black jeans,a black polo and a black converse What's with everyone one and black today?