Chapter 10

Playlist: Chemistry by Simi and Falz. Yeah I know it's the first Nigerian song I'm uploading but I loveeeeeee it.

After the show today at school, Nonso and I became closer. We really talked. The reason he was talking to Amara yesterday in his room was because he really needed someone to talk to and he felt like he needed to apologize to me publicly which was really cute tho.

School was nice these past few days. Today is actually Saturday and Nonso and I decided to watch some movies and do couple-y stuff.

My mom wasn't at home, both her and my dad went out on their monthly date night. At least that's one tradition that isn't dead yet. Amara was in her room reading for her WAEC examination that was going to come up around April. So that left me with Nonso so we decided to catch up on stuff.

He left the house first to get our snacks and food. I can't watch a movie without eating, it's just wrong.

We decided to start with the princess switch. That movie never gets old. The ending makes me cry every single time I see it. After that I went to pee; when I take too many liquids I tend to pee alot. After that, we watched other movies.

"Lulu! Lulu! Wake up!" I opened my eyes to see Nonso looking at me with amusement in his eyes. I honestly didn't know when or how I slept off. I guess I've just been tired.

"What time is it?" I asked rubbing my eyes and allowing it adjust to the light in the room.

"It's 6:32. Amara said I should call you; food is ready." I quickly jumped up. Amara's food is one of the best I've had. I don't tell her sha. Her big head will just start swelling. She will use it to make noise for like a week. Scratch that, for like a month. Yes! She's that horrible.

I walked towards the kitchen together with Nonso. Oh that wonderful aroma. I went towards the gas cooker to check the pot. I was about to open it when I felt a pain in my arm.

"Ouch! Ah ahn nah. What did I do?" Of course it's my nonsense sister. She used the spatula she used in making the semovita to hit me. I was just trying to see the soup.

"Ah ahn nah. What did I do?" She tried mimicking me in this very annoying voice. "See your bent mouth. If you don't eat will you die?" Nonso kept laughing at us.

" Yes nah. I will die. You sef you'll die if you don't eat. Abeg shift jor. Let me feed my baby."

"Which baby?" Amara asked with one of her eyebrows raised up. I knew insult was on the way.

"Abeg lemme. My stomach is my baby." I sighed chuckling.I went to collect soup plates from the plate stand. "Out of respect for you oh, I'll just plead with you to help me dish out my soup and Nonso's own too." Amara looked at me, she eyed me and I knew what was next so I ran. She was obviously going to hit me with the spatula again.

"It's slap you need. Mad girl. Leave my kitchen jor."

"It's not your kitchen biko!" I said tapping my hands on the kitchen counter.

"Eh! Bad belle. For today it's my kitchen. Take it or leave it. Bye go away jor. You're a big pain in the ass. It's sha Nonso I'm pitying." She said putting her hands on her waist and glaring at me.

"Pain kill you there. Let me go jor. Old woman." She picked a spoon and I know she wanted to throw it at me. I quickly ran out of the kitchen laughing.

Dinner was fun with Amara and I entertaining Nonso as usual. Since my parents were not around, we could talk freely while eating. After dinner, Nonso and I went to my room to talk.