Regret

Regret was something that Billy felt often. He regretted drinking too much at parties, and sometimes he regretted talking to Tommy and Carol. But, right now he was regretting letting you go.

-

The break up happened about 2 months ago. It was bad but, Billy thought he would get over it faster than you would. He expected you to be hung up on him for another month or two, for you to be calling him and trying to ‘work things out but, you didn’t.

You did the exact opposite actually. You walked through the halls with your head held high. You seemed happier than ever. One day he even saw you talking to Harrington in the hallway, he scoffed when he saw you, he thought you were trying to get him back for breaking up with you. Why else would you talk to Harrington right in front of him?

Billy wasn’t getting over you like he thought he would. He still thought about you all day. He watched you in the hallways, sometimes he drove past your house just to see if you were home.

-

You heard him drive past your house every once in a while. You felt his eyes on you when you talked to Steve Harrington. You started to hang out with Steve more after the break up. You started hanging out after you babysat Lucas and Erica Sinclair, the party came over and since Steve was their personal driver, you invited him to stay until the rest of the party had to go home.

You got over Billy faster than you thought you would. You still missed him, you missed when he used to come over after a fight, you missed his vulnerable side, you missed his Camaro, you just missed Billy. You missed him but, you weren’t going to let him know that.

-

Hanging out with Steve was fun, it had been about 5 months since your break up with Billy and that’s when Steve asked you out. He took you to the diner, where the party just so happened to be there too. No matter how hard you pressed Lucas, he still said that they definitely were not spying on you guys.

You really liked Steve. Billy hated seeing you so happy with Steve, you could feel it in the way he glared at you in the hallways.

You were home when you got your first phone call from Billy in months.

“Harrington, really?” He was pissed and probably drunk.

“Yes, really.” You were so annoyed with him already.

“Does he take you to all the fancy restaurants outside of town? Huh, is that why you’re with him?“

”No, that’s not why I’m with him, we go to the diner, we hang out with your sister and her friends at the arcade, we don’t go anywhere fancy.“

”Does he kiss you like I did? Does he love you like I did? Huh, what’s so special about Harrington?”

“He is better than you, Billy. He kisses better than you, he treats me better than you did, I have way more fun with Steve than I ever did when I was with you, he is so much better than you Billy, it’s ridiculous! Are we done here?” You were going to let him have it. If he wanted to ask you stupid questions about your relationship with Steve then, you were going to let him have it.

“Yeah we’re done, I never should’ve broken up with you okay? Is that what you want to hear? I wake up everyday regretting breaking up with you!” he grunted

“We are over Billy! Why cant you understand that? I am happy with Steve, now leave me the hell alone. Oh and one more thing, Billy, don’t ever fucking call me again you dick” 

You hung up the phone and called Steve and invited him over. That was the last time you talked to Billy. You were happy with Steve, and you were completely done with Billy’s shit.