17) Addi

A/N:

Haven't written from me for a while...

<(•.•<)(>•.•)>

"Dan!?" I say after I open the door. "What're you doing here?"

"I umm live here?" He stand at the door awkwardly. "May I come in?"

I stiffly step aside and walk back into the lounge.

I sit on the couch and he sits on a chair.

Phil stands and starts, "I'll go get tea?" but I pull him down next to me. I can't be alone with Dan or I'll cry, scream, or punch him.

Or all three. All three would be good.

"So?" I ask, not exactly kindly.

"I'm sorry." He looks down.

I just stare at him. When he came back I imagined yelling this big speech that I was standing and out of breath at the end, but I don't. I just sit.

I'm very surprised when Phil says, "Sorry?"

Dan just nods.

"All you have to say is sorry?"

"Woah there lion." I whisper trying to calm him down. It works.

Sorta.

There's a large silence in which Phil is bristling. I think Dan is trying not to cry but I can't be sure, and me? I'm blank. Not shocked. Not angry. Not sad. Just, blank.

I finally break it. "Well, I'm glad you came here to say that one sentence."

Both boys look up and me.

"And I can tell you really mean it."

Phil opens his mouth to object.

"But," I say. "I don't forgive you. Not just yet."

Dan sinks. Phil looks almost surprised.

"What you said really hurt me, Dan." I feel like a teacher but I'm numb. "And I know you've hurt Phil before."

My numbness is fading.

"I hope you know that,"

My voice is cracking.

"I think you should go back to your hotel,"

I'm close to tears now.

"I'll think about it." I finish.

I close my eyes and sit back. Soon enough there's hurried footsteps followed by the door slamming.

"What do I do, Phil?" I lean my head on his shoulder once he sits back down.

He puts his arm around me, and something's different. He smells different and feels different.

I open my eyes, "Dan?"

He shushes me and hugs me. Hard.

"Please please please please please forgive me. I was drunk and stupid." He says into my hair.

I just sit there not responding until I feel him shaking. He's crying, I realize.

I wrap my arms around him and let him cry.

"I always thought Phil got his feelings hurt too easily, and he never told me what I said. I never thought I could be that cruel."

I rub his back and see Phil leaning up against the door frame.

Clever boys, I think.

He gives me a thumbs up and goes into his room.

After a few moments a pull back and hold Dan's wet face in my hands.

I brush away the tears with my fingers and say, "We all have our demons. Some people's can hurt others, other's can just hurt themselves. You just found yours, and it happens to be the former."

A/N:

Yes I know this was super short but I've kinda been procrastinating uploading this due to the fact that is story is ending in the next 2-3 chapter and I've got writers block on how to finish this :( BUT I JUST READ TWO AMAZING FAN-FICTIONS BY @EmmaChameleon AND YOU SHOULD ALL READ IT! I AM INSPIRED AND IM WORKING ON THE NEXT CHAPTER RIGHT NOW

*goes back to reading fanfic* What? Okay I'm going now! Please don't kill me with all the next plot twists..

xoxo ~addigator