13) Dan

A/N:

This chapter is very much a filler, but don't worry I have a plot twist ahead 😏.

<(•.•<)(>•.•)>

I wake up at about 10:30, earlier than usual for me, and go into the kitchen. Addi and Phil are there eating breakfast. I shuffle over to the cupboard with the bowls and pour cereal in it.

"Good morning sleepy head." Addi says as I pour the milk.

I groan and sit down. They both giggle and look down at their bowls.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing!" They chorus. I narrow my eyes and get up and look in the mirror. Nothing is wrong except for my curly hair. I'll have to straighten it later. I come back in and finish my cereal.

"Are you going to tell me what you're giggling about or do I have to figure it out.

"You'll figure it out." Addi says and Phil nods.

Hmmmm....

<><><><>

"WHERE IS MY STRAIGHTENER?" I yell at Phil from the bathroom.

"I don't know, Dan. Is it in your bag?" He calls back from his bedroom.

"No! I put it on the counter last night!" I say running my hands through my hair exasperated.

"Well I wouldn't know!" Phil says. A few seconds later giggles erupt from the guest room.

I knock on the door before I enter. She only has face makeup on so she looks a but weird and she's holding a brush in her hand. "Addi, do you know where my straightener is?"

"Yep." She says popping the 'p' while she puts something on her cheeks after sucking them in.

"Are you going to tell me where it is?" I say dreading the answer.

"Nope." I sigh and go to Phil's room.

"This is what you were giggling about all morning wasn't it?"

"Yes and you're not using mine now go get ready." He shoos me.

<><><><>

How do I cover up my hair?

Hmmmmm... I slip on black jeans and my grey sweater.

A beanie! Yes!

"Phil!" I knock on his door.

"What! I'm getting dressed!" He shouts.

"Do you have that beanie?" I ask.

The door opens and something black is thrown at my face. The beanie.

"Thank you!"

I pull it on and check in the mirror to make sure it's on good and go sit on the couch.

"No. Way." I hear a voice behind me.

"Hmm?" I hum not looking up from my computer.

"Okay I have to have a pic of this. Dan! Look up and smile!" I do as she says. "Why do you want a picture of me?"

"You don't understand how amazing you look with your curly hair and a beanie." Addi sits down next to me.

"Are you posting it?" I sigh.

"I have to watermark it first. Duh."

<><><><>

"Where are you taking me!" Addi asks Phil. She's sitting in between us in a cab.

"Yeah, where are we going?" I ask leaning over.

"A surprise." Phil says simply.

"Ugh!" I grown and fall back against the seat jokingly.

"I'm trusting you Phil." She says tapping his leg.

I grab her hand and set them in between us so, hopefully, Phil wouldn't see, but I don't have to worry about that because she pulls away. *sigh*

<><><><>

"The Eye? Really Phil?" I ask.

"Yes." He replies with his eyes sparkling.

"I think it'll be fun." Addi says hitting my arm then she throws her arm around Phil. "Thank you, Phil."

<><><><>

"Oh my gosh we're so high up." Phil says with her face up against the glass of the capsule right beside Addi doing the same.

I laugh at them, "You guys are just like little kids."

They both turn to look at me. "And what, may I ask, is wrong with being excited to be up this high above a beautiful city?" Addi asks. "Nothing! And you're just like us but you're trying to be 'mature'." She makes air quotes.

I shrug but it's true. They stare at me until I finally give in and we're all three up against the glass.