6"2 •Weekends at Waulmart

The beautiful cover in the media was made by shitbaeb. Check out her Cover Shop!

•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•><•>•

Tina sighed as she placed the last cereal on the shelf. She pushed the ladder to the side because well, she really didn't need it. She had just gotten back to her normal groove after being ditched a few weeks ago. And just as agreed, Kate left Tina to bury her relationship life six feet under so this is where she spends her weekends, some knock off store owned by a sketchy business man. But he didn't ask any questions and neither did she so she ended up with a weekend job...at Waulmart.

She made her way back to the single cashier counter and took a seat behind Jason who had just finished cashing a costumer. Jason was about 20 years old he was automatically 'in charge'. And every weekend she had to deal with the black haired trouble maker.

"Yo Tina! How's the weather up there?"

If she got a dollar do every time someone asked the same question she wouldn't need to spend her weekends on this boring job or she could buy enough rope to strangle everyone who asked. Any option would be nice.

Tina rolled her eyes. "Pretty cloudy with a high chance of me smothering you with the pillow you're sitting on."

"Alright, I guess I'll just check my phone then."

"Appreciated."

The hours passed with Tina idly playing with her phone and attending to shoppers in various isles who sometimes seemed more curious about her height than their actual problem.

"Assistance needed in isle two." Jason's voice came over the intercom.

"Jason, you remember I'm right beside you right?"

" Yea but I like using the microphone."

"Dork." Tina said beneath her breath as she made her way to the isle.

She stopped mid stride when she saw the small boy struggling to get a case of beers from the top shelf. It took a while before he gave up and actually noticed her presence. He facepalmed so hard she expected to see a hand print left on his face.

"Thea!" he smiled. "Heyyyyyy."

Tina sighed and folded her long arms. "It's Tina." she corrected them pointed to her name tag.

He nodded his head vigorously causing his black hair to wave all about. "Yea." he paused to scratch his head. "I was just on my way back."

Tina tilted her head in disbelief and clenched her fists as anger built up in her bones. But then it slowly dissipated to a strange calm feeling. Why was she to be upset? Maybe she would have done the same thing if she was in his shoes. The calmness then morphed into the usual insecurities and she suddenly felt self conscious. She glanced on her pants which she had to fold because they were too short and her feet which looked way too big.

"Umm Tina?"

She looked up- well down at him. "Oh yea. My bad."

She quickly grabbed a case and handed it to him before backing away. "Have a good day." she said with a forced smile only because it was apart of the job.

The tension that rose immediately was unbearable as they both stood in silence.

"Clean up in isle four!"

For the first time since she had started working here she was happy to hear Jason's voice.

"Well I have to go now." Tina told the boy in front of her who simply nodded in reply.

Half way down the isle he called out to her bringing her to a stop and even though she hated to admit he looking really funny waddling towards her with the case of beers wrapped in his arms.

"I'm sorry Tina. That was really shitty of me to leave you high and dry."

The girl blinked waiting for him to continue.

"Get it? High, because your tall and-"

Irritated, Tina groaned and turned away from the boy opening the distance with a few strides.

"Wait wait wait!" he had to run to reach her and grabbed her wrist this time to make she didn't leave .

Tina looked at his hand on her wrist then back at him. Could he feel her heart beat? Because she could hear it pounding against her skull.
She looked at him properly for the first time they've meet, the lighting that night didn't exactly work in his favor but now she could clearly see his brown wide eyes as he unfolded his lips to speak.

"I really am sorry. Trust me. I have no reason for doing that. And that was just a dick move."

"Make up session in isle two." Jason's voice rang through the speakers with a small chuckle.

"I'm gonna kill you Jason!" Tina shouted loud enough for him to hear and immediately soft music started playing over the intercom.

Tina looked at the boy in front her again. " You must have had a reason to just leave so you're making no sense."

He sighed. "Yea, I guess you're right."

"Was it my height? I mean, is it my height?"

Pay focused on the shelf instead of the girl in front of him. "Umm." he started scratching his neck.

Tina slapped herself internally. Of course it was her height. She already knew and thinking about it now she felt stupid for expecting something from that dumb 'date'. Apparently things have changed and now when David see Goliath he runs.

"Can I make it up to you?"

She shot a quick "nope" at him before tugging at her wrist still firm in his grip.

"Just say yes and I'll let you go."

"Yes and I'll let you go." she mocked him.

The music in the store was replaced by Jason's voice. "Tina I don't know what happening but hurry before the circulation in your arm is gone."

Tina looked up at the camera pointing at her. "Jason!" and once again music flooded through the store.

Pay looked up at her his eyes practically pleading. " The carnival this weekend?"

" Uh uh." she shook her head. "So you can disappear and tell me you got lost in the crowd?"

"For real this time. Please." The look on his face was quite, genuine.

What did she have to lose? Only the little pride and stability she had left. Or she could get rejected. Again.

"Okay." she said reluctantly. "Only because I planned on going anyway." she added.

"Yes!"

He finally freed her and followed her back to where Jason sat with a smirk on his face. Before leaving he scribbled his number on his receipt and handed it to Tina.

Jason ran up to her straining his neck to have a look at the piece of paper.

"Is this the beginning is something new? Is Ms. Meteorologist going on a date? Tell him not to forget his stool to stand on!"

"Alright that's it!" Tina shouted reaching for the pillow.

•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•><•>•

Thanks for all those who have continuously been supporting this book! I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it.