Chapter 9: Bittersweet Priority.

You turn around to where you heard Kris' voice. Your H/C hair effortlessly turning around with you. Your E/C eyes looking toward Kris with the most surprised face you could ever possibly do. You were about to shoot a "What the fuck", but then you realise what you said out loud.

And who you just said it in front of.

Susie looked more confused then you were, but you could also see how flustered she was from how she looked down, her hair still in her face. Of course she was, the words probably came out cheesier that what you meant it to come out as. You look toward Susie, an explanation on the tip of your tounge.

"I can explain"

You wanted to say that to her, you wanted to explain what you felt, but then you didn't. Because if you did, Noelle wouldn't ever forgive you.

"I just come out of nowhere and like Susie...Of course she's mad. Of course she hates me. It's like someone just coming out of nowhere and turning your life upside down simply because they're in it. It's only been one day and I already like her a lot.. It's not fair, for her or for...

Or for me."

You swallow your pride and look down, clearly vulnerable. Susie approaches you, wanting....wanting to..

You don't know anymore.

So with the numbness of your mind taking over, your body goes into autopilot. And normally autopilot means....to run. Run away from your problems that you can't solve. Or the problems that you don't want to solve. You don't want to solve this problem at all.

You want Susie to be your problem, and your lover.

A bit too much to ask for.

But you don't run and for a moment you're just standing there, wondering why you haven't hit the gap yet.

"Why aren't you moving?"

Your feet stay in place, and you look at Susie in awe and fear. She made you feel safe and unsure all at the same time. You feel guilty all of a sudden.

Your feet grow heavy and you feel your brain slowly disappear. Your eyes look around, everywhere it's bright. Too bright! Your skin feels like the sun is burning it to a crisp. Your cheeks are red and thoroughly flushed. You look around, not able to feel your legs anymore.

" ■■■■■■!!"

Blurry is all you can see, where is Everyone? Then..

It all turns to black.

◇─◇──◇────◇────◇

Your F/C dress is thoroughly wet from the rain. You let yourself have a memory of your mother, you let your brain pull her files out of your filled file cabinet. It seems to be labelled "Bittersweet priority, Number 890, file 3 of 109." You didn't know your brain had a file cabinet in it. But then you realised something.

This dream is Lucid.

You grab a hold of yourself, and look around. It was the park that you knew and loved so many years ago, except that you were present and she was past. You can see your past self right in front of you. The young, dark, Y/N. You shudder a little, you remember how hard it was for you to talk to people at this age. You're in the rain, all alone, just sitting there.