Unmatchable: No matter what

So, if you haven't read Flashback, DON'T READ ANY FARTHER. I repeat; DO NOT READ ANY FARTHER. Turn back while you still have a chance to avoid SPOILERS. But please, I'm BEGGING you, PLEASE come back after you read Flashback!!!! (note: this goes for the rest of Secrets Revealed.)

So, this is a completely new fan fiction, I just didn't want to start a new story and disappoint all you amazing readers by ending with my ramblings. Secrets Revealed took place after Nightfall, but this story, which is called Unmatchable, takes place directly after Flashback, so if you read this, ignore the rest of what I wrote previously. This is completely unrelated. This is your last chance to turn back if you haven't read Flashback! Enjoy!

As Sophie entered the room where Grady and Edaline were waiting, her vision blurred, tears forming in her eyes. They rushed to meet her in the middle of the room, and she gratefully fell into their arms.

"What's wrong?" Edaline inquired, "The matchmakers couldn't have been that bad."

People were watching. Sophie couldn't cry here. Biting back her tears, she shook her head and rushed towards the door. "Sophie?" Edaline called, hurrying after her, with Grady at her side.

She pushed past the door and stepped into the light of Atlantis. Kicking off her shoes, she rushed down the stairs and into the street, tears now streaming down her face. 

"Sophie! What is it? What's wrong?" Grady stressed, panting as he caught up with her. Sophie just shook her head, jaw clenched, as he helped her climb onto a coach. She didn't say a word or meet her parents' concerned gazes until they had left the underwater city and light leaped back to Havenfield. If she had, she knew she would have fallen apart.

As soon as they got to the living room, Sophie collapsed into Edaline's arms, no longer holding back her emotions. Grady helped guide her to the couch and wrapped his arms around her, letting her weep for a moment.

"Sophie," Edaline consoled gently, "I know this is hard for you. It's different then what you're used to. But it's going to be ok."

"No," she croaked, finally finding her voice. "No. It's not that. They told me I-I'm... I'm...               u-un-m-match-a-able," she quavered, subsequently breaking back into sobs.

"Oh, Sophie..," Edaline whispered. "It's going to be ok. Look at me, sweetheart," she said when Sophie continued to shake her head. She waited until she complied before continuing, "We love you anyways. All of your friends will still stay by your side. No matter what."

"Just think about it," Grady added, "You were thinking about not registering anyways. So it will just be like you didn't."

"But... Fitz..," she managed to choke out between sobs.

"Will love you anyways," Edaline finished for her, "If he's still as smitten as he is right now, after all of the weirdness you've been through, I doubt this will change anything."

"Really?" Sophie sniffled.

"Really," she reassured her. Edaline snapped her fingers and a plate of Mallowmelt appeared in her hand. "Here," she said, handing the plate to Sophie, "Mallowmelt makes everything better."

Wiping her eyes on her sleeve, Sophie nodded slowly and took a bite of the gooey dessert. Her mother was right. Mallowmelt did make everything better. "Thank you," she sniffled after a few more bites, "I love you Mom. I love you Dad."

"We love you, too, Sophie," Grady assured her, "No matter what."

Thank you for reading this chapter. I know it was kind of depressing, but I had to write it. Please vote and comment below! You guys are the best!

Also, If you haven't found it yet,  go to Shannon Messenger's website, and go to the KotLC page, then click on "Fun Extras" and scroll until you see Keefe's short story (the one that's at the end of the exclusive version of Nightfall). Enjoy!

On a sort of random note, I used Shannon's recipe and made Mallowmelt this weekend. It's so good!!! I wouldn't say it's the best thing I've ever put in my mouth, but this is just as close as humans can get to the Elven version.

Bye! See you next time! Happy Thanksgiving!