Jealousy

"Whoa. Foster, what's this wall of emotions you're hitting me with?" Keefe asked as he set his tray down on the table at lunch the next day.

Fitz sat beside Sophie and draped an arm around her shoulders. "Well, you see, we did cognate training yesterday, and she had to tell me that secret she's been keeping for so long," he grinned.

"Ohhhh! Does that mean you're together now!?" Biana squealed, claspping her hands together. 

"NO! I mean yes! I mean... Are we?" She sputtered, looking up at Fitz.

But he looked as confused as she was. "I don't know. I guess we never really established that," he shrugged, "Do you want to be?"

She shrugged back. She liked Fitz, but she wasn't sure if she actually wanted to be with him, especially since there hadn't been a spark when they kissed. "I... guess," she replied uncertainly.

For a moment, Sophie thought she saw Keefe's smile falter, his eyes burning with jealousy, but then it was back, though it seemed a little forced.

"Wait..! Biana, how did you know what my secret was?" She inquired suspiciously.

"Pa-lease! It was pretty obvious," she giggled in reply, as the others nodded in agreement.

"Was it really?" She asked, startled, looking up at Fitz.

He laughed. "Yeah, I kind of knew what it was, too. I just wanted to see if you trusted me enough to tell me. Besides, I didn't want to tell you how I felt, in case I was wrong," he admitted. 

Sophie felt the heat rise in her cheeks. Fitz had known she liked him? How embarrassing was that?

"Oooh!" Biana trilled as an idea hit her, "Why don't we all meet at Everglen for a sleepover tonight!?"

Tam and Linh shared a look and nodded. "Sure. We'll come," agreed Linh.

"I'll have to ask my parents," said Dex, "But I plan on being there. I'll hail you if I can't make it."

"Yeah. Me, too. But I'm sure Grady and Edaline will let me come," Sophie informed them.

All eyes turned to Keefe as they awaited his response. "Sorry, but I can't. I'm booked," he sighed.

"Doing what?" Sophie asked suspiciously.

"I know. It's such a shame I won't be there, but Councillor Alina hasn't been pranked since she left Foxfire, and I expect it to take all night to come up with something good," he explained.

"Keefe! Don't do that! You could get into serious trouble for pranking one of the Councillors!" She shrieked.

"Fine," he scowled, "I'll just find someone else to prank."

Sophie looked at him with concern. "Well, we'll miss you then," she told him, not convinced. "What about you, Marella? Can you come?"

She shook her head, "No, I need to help my mom tonight. Wish I could be there, though."

The friends laughed and talked for the rest of lunch. However, Sophie noticed that for some reason, Keefe was quieter than normal, and by the time lunch was over, he had barely eaten anything on his tray.

Sophie caught up with Keefe as everyone headed to their different classes. "Are you alright?" She asked him, "You were acting kind of strange back there."

"There goes Foster, worrying about me again," he replied, smiling at her. "But yes I'm fine. I was just trying to figure out who to prank. I think I have it all figured out now," he said as his grin widened, "And it's going to be epic!"

She wasn't convinced. "Are you sure you're okay? Because..."

"Shouldn't you be getting to class?" He interrupted.

Sophie was taken aback. Keefe, telling her to get to class? Since when was he the voice of reason? "I could say the same about you," she retorted.

"Nahhh. I've got Elven History, so I'm probably ditching," he admitted casually.

Never mind. There wasn't a voice of reason. "You're telling me to get to class when you're ditching?" She challenged.

"Just because I'm going to be late doesn't mean you have to be," he replied. 

Sophie grabbed his wrist as he turned to go. "But..," she pled, as the bell warned of one minute left before class started.

"He's right," growled Sandor, making Sophie jump. She had forgotten he was standing there. "You need to get to class."

"Fine..." She conceded as Sandor dragged her down the hallway, "I'll see you later, Keefe."

Smiling sadly at her, he replied, "See you later, Foster."

Soooo.... You think Keefe is jealous? I hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you did, please vote on it! And thank you so much to my readers! It's only been 5 days since I started this story and I already have 55 views! You guys are the best!

Also, I need some good pranks for Keefe to do. If you have any ideas, please comment below, and tell me what they are and who he should do it on! Thank you!