Telling

The next morning, Sophie woke up still in her dress from the previous evening. She went to the bathroom and cleaned herself up, and got ready for the day. When she came downstairs, she found everyone waiting for her in the kitchen. 

"Good morning, Sophie! I hope you slept well?" Alden greeted her as she sat down next to Fitz.

She nodded. "For once, I did, actually," she replied.

"I'm glad to hear it!" He said, as Fitz smiled at her.

"Here you go, dear," said Della as she served her some breakfast. 

"Thanks," she said gratefully, taking a bite of the odd vegetable, "Mmmm. This is good."

Everyone laughed. "I love you, Sophie," Fitz told her. Alden and Della looked at him in surprise and confusion. "Oh! I forgot to tell you! Sophie and I are together, now!" He grinned.

After the shock wore off, both parents grinned and gave Sophie and Fitz a hug. "We're proud of you for finding the courage to confess, dear," Della beamed. Sophie wasn't sure if she was talking to her or Fitz, but she was blushing bright red anyways.

"Wait...! You didn't tell your parents!?" She exclaimed, looking at her boyfriend.

"Well.... No. I guess I kind of forgot to mention it," he flushed, "Did you tell Grady and Edaline?"

"No. There wasn't exactly much time between school and coming here yesterday," she admitted.

"Wait! You've been dating since school yesterday, and you didn't tell us until now?" Della gasped.

"Umm, Yeah. I asked her out during lunch," he responded shyly. 

Biana cleared her throat. "Umm.... I-I also have something to tell you," she blushed, glancing at Tam for a tiny second. "Tam asked me out yesterday, too."

"WHAT!" Alden roared, wheeling on Tam, who shrank back into the shadows. Sophie noticed that Fitz also looked less than pleased.

Della just smiled and hugged Biana. "We're happy for you, too, sweetheart."

Alden was still glaring at Tam. "You and I are going to have a talk, later," he scoweled.

Fitz had a similar expression on his face. "Can I be there for that?" He seethed.

"Yes."

Tam had yet to say a word. Sophie could have sworn he looked paler than normal, but it was hard to tell through the shadows he had hidden himself with.

"I don't get it. How come you're fine with Fitz and Sophie, but not me and Tam?" Biana challenged.

Even though the question was directed at Alden, it was Della that answered. "It's a father thing. They get super protective over their daughters when it comes to boys and dating. All dads do it," she explained.

"Yeah," Sophie confirmed, remembering how Grady acted around Keefe, "I'm sure Fitz is going to get that same talk from Grady when he finds out."

Fitz groaned and slouched in his chair. "When are you going to tell them?" He asked.

Shrugging, Sophie replied, "Probably when I get home."

"Then let's keep you here as long as possible," he begged. 

They sat in silence for a while, staring into eachother's eyes until Della cleared her throat. "While we're at it, is anybody else dating each other?" She hinted, glancing meaningfully at Dex and Linh.

"NO!" They said in unison, both looking away.

"Good," Tam said, speaking his first word of the morning. This only made Linh and Dex blush harder than they already were.