seventy eight

[Louis]

We then make our way to the dining hall. A huge wooden table with six chairs. two on the either side and one at the head and on at the tail. The theme was white, silver and grey and this seemed modern. The kitchen was kind of connected to the hall with maids buzzing around. There stood a woman who was different from the others. She wore a wonderful, floor length dress with her straight brown hair flowing down her shoulders. In her neck, she wore a wonderful, sparkling diamond necklace and her her lips - painted red. Bracelets covered her wrists and she had a..forced look on her face.

"Harry, son, it's been very long. How are you?" She asks with fake concern and I internally cringe at her voice.

"Mother." Harry just nods at her.

Her hawk eyes land on me and she smirks, looking at Harry again.

"Who is this human, Harry?" She asks, her voice dripping with acid and Harry gives me a look.

"I'm Louis Tomlinson, Harry's soulmate." I say and she raises her brow at me.

"You allowed him to call you by your name already? Didn't you teach him how to respect us, vampires?" She questions him and I look at the floor. I just needed to let Harry down, didn't I? Wow, he already has his life so messed up and I just- I should never had told him to come here.

Harry's next words shock me and a warm feeling spreads through my chest.

"I don't need to teach him respect. He knows who he needs to give it to. Certainly, he gives it to people who have earned it." He says and spits the word "Mother." After the sentence.

"Not everyone is so jobless to try and earn his respect." She laughs bitterly and I throw daggers at her with my eyes.

"And not everyone is so jobless to respect a woman like you, mother." He says and her eyes turn red.

They look at each other with hatred boiling in their eyes and I sigh.

"Did you tell him though?" She asks with a malicious smirk and I raise my brow, looking at Harry.

"Don't you dare, mother." He says in a threatening voice.

"How couldn't you tell him that you married a girl and have a daughter of your own?"

My heart stops beating and there's lack of oxygen in my lungs. Married? To a girl? With a daughter? I take a step back, trying to digest this very...shocking information and look up at Harry with disappointed eyes while his mother seems to enjoy this.

"Harry? I-is this true?" My voice breaks in the middle and he looks down in shame. 

I take a few deep breaths and nod. The next thing I know, I'm fleeing out of this place, pushing through the vampires.

I run and run till my insides burn and my limbs hurt but none of this can be compared to the feeling inside of me. The one which makes me want to..want to..break something..smash something and all in all..the anger is all I feel. I book an Uber and it arrives in less that five minutes. I sit inside and and look out of the window. The scene replaying in front of my eyes.

"Kid, are you okay?" The driver asks and a small smiles finds its way on my lips when I recognize the man driving.

"I'm fine James. Say...is this a coincidence or were you following me with your wonderful and colourful music CD's?" I ask with my eyes squinting and tone of fake accusation making him laugh.

"Son, it was a complete coincidence. So, where is the obnoxious blonde kid and that girl who was begging to be my second daughter?" He asks with a chuckle and I smile at the memory.

"Well, they are busy with their college homework and wanted to stay home." I answered and he hummed.

"So, Louis, where to?" I think about this question. Where to now? Home? but it doesn't feel like it when there's no mother or..or Harry..

"Take me anywhere away from here."

~

"Seriously..I cannot believe we're doing this." I say in amusement as I hit the stripes 12 ball into the hole on the corner of the table.

"Neither can I kid, neither can I." James says and I laugh.

"If I win, you'll let me drive your mustang." I say and he freezes.

"No one drives my beauty." He makes an offended face.

"Oi, I suck at pool. So, make the best of it."

In the end, I win and drive his mustang back home. We bid each other goodbye after be saying him through all his protests.

Stepping into this house...I could smell spaghetti. This spaghetti...this smell..it suddenly clicks and I run to the kitchen seeing someone I missed horribly. My lovely lovely sister. Lottie. She grins wide as I sit myself in front of her. She stirs the contents and I quickly run up for a shower and get inside the bathroom.

The warm water washes all my worries and mainly..Harry. Now, I'm actually glad that I took him there, otherwise..I would have never known that he was a married vampire. But we are soulmates...how could he be married? Plus..he is gay..how could he get a wife of everyone? There has to be something wrong in this situation and that's what makes me send the text 'Harry, come over to my place. I have doubts..- Louis xx' as soon as I get out of the shower.

I go down and after a brief hug, I sit down and start eating the food she prepared but I stopped in the middle and tilted my head in confusion when I saw her picking the food in her plate. She never picks. Broccoli or not, she'll eat all the edible things you give her.

After finishing my plate, I felt..dizzy. I looked at her and she looked back with concern.

"Louis? Are you okay? Do you want something?" She asks and I shake my head.

"I'll be fine, just a small headache.." I trail off but felt myself rock back and forth and the next thing, I fell back into Lottie's chest and saw black.