Chapter 29

Third Person POV

Symone was beyond surprised. To avoid showing her emotions, she simply said to the woman, "Um, okay... Thank you."

"No problem, have a good day, miss!"

"You too," Symone and Lyric responded simultaneously, making their way to the car.

After brief silence, Lyric spoke up. Symone was still trying to piece it all together. "Um what the fuck."

"Right?" Symone agreed, unlocking the car doors. "I really can't even think of who else would've picked him up."

"Shit, maybe Darold..." Lyric trailed in thought.

"But weren't you on the phone with him earlier? Didn't you tell him already?"

"I didn't specify where we were going."

"Call him then," Symone instructed.

While Lyric was calling him Symone just played sad music at a low volume, considering it helped her think. The only people Rocky associated himself with were his direct family and the mob but if none of them went and got Rocky she would've considered herself out of luck.

Before Symone even noticed because she was so deep in her thoughts, Lyric announced that Ferg told her he didn't pick Rocky up. That alone made Symone's eyes water a bit but she somehow refrained from allowing the tears to drop, focusing on the road and now singing along to "Nonchalant" by 6lack.

"You good B?" Lyric questioned, patting Symone's right thigh.

"Yeah I'm straight," Symone replied, driving a bit faster than usual. When Lyric noticed it she of course said something.

"Slow down." Symone said nothing back, just continued at her speed. She was nearing 80 on a 45 speed limit. This prompted Lyric to say again, "Symone slow down nigga! Matter of fact, pull over, lemme drive." That seemed to fall on deaf ears as well, seeing as though Symone was at a steady 85. She was going so fast that she almost hit a car in front of her. She noticed that, and switched lanes.

"Symone what the fuck? Bitch pull over!" Lyric reacted. Symone still didn't let up, getting closer to 100. She then came extremely close to a car again to which Lyric took control of the wheel, steering it to switch lanes. A single tear fell from Symone's eyes as she finally decided to listen to her best friend, pulling over to the shoulder.

She got out with no words, Lyric responding by getting up to head to the driver's side as well. Symone managed to drag herself to the passenger's seat, plopping down onto it.

When Lyric pulled off, she glanced at Symone quickly. Although she only kept the gaze for a second or two, she could sense that Symone was disturbed. There was a blank look on her face, yet the stiffness said something.

"Lyric fuck this shit man... Maybe I'm exaggerating or something but like what the fuck is this, really?" It sounded like a statement, but after a pause she continued. "Look at another problem. And these issues just keep coming. I fuck with Rocky heavy so maybe that's why I'm still around. I'm tired..."

"This is what makes a relationship. Shit gets overwhelming but in the end it's worth it, because you get to share yourself with someone, if that makes sense. When I say 'share yourself' in this instance, I mean that Rocky is lucky enough to say that you're his girl. Someone as beautiful, intelligent, and generous as you, and he can pridefully say Symone is his. And in return you have someone who cherishes you, someone who appreciates you for who you are... Someone who you can call your rock, your ultimate best friend," she said, before sighing. "I used to always wonder why I even bothered with trying relationships, wonder what the fuck the point of a relationship is. But when I got with Ferg that wasn't a question anymore, and I feel like that's how I know I really do like him.. yo, lemme stop. I'm rambling bout this nigga. Why didn't you stop me?"