Chapter 22

Rakim Mayers

"So when you gone let me love you? Stop playing with me Rocky."

I kissed my teeth, smiling at this girl. She wanted me to fuck her life up so bad.

"Probably never, we can fuck though." Gotta keep it real with these females, even if they don't want the truth.

"Why?" She frowned, tilting her head and licking her lips.

"I don't do relationships anymore."

"Bad experiences?"

"I guess."

"Tell the story."

"There is no story."

"So then what the fuck happened?" She replied with an uncalled-for attitude. I made a face at her, looking around. "What are you looking for?" She asked me, reapplying her lipgloss.

"Tryna figure out who the fuck you talking to cause it sure as hell ain't me," I answered, squinting and taking a drag of my blunt.

"Okay I'm sorry. But for real, tell me what happened."

I sighed, saying. "Imma come clean, I'm a dog. And I don't wanna hurt females anymore... None of them deserve it."

"A dog meaning...?"

"You know what I mean... I'm just not one to settle down and that shit scary to be honest."

"I can change that though..." She trailed off, veering her eyes away from me bashfully.

"Naw baby trust me, you can't." Sighing, she gathered her things and stood up, looking down at me.

"So is the offer to fuck still up for grabs?" She asked me as she readjusted her Versace backpack.

"Maybe, but you gotta throw that neck again. Had my toes curling and shit. You cooked though? That cupcake ain't do nun for me." The last time I was with her was the day Symone and I paid Janaiya a visit. She fed me some Hispanic food and in all honesty my picky ass enjoyed it.

"Umm, yeah... Do you like rice and beans?" She questioned, smiling big.

"Yeah, let's go."

Symone Anderson

"Yes, Symone, yes! Give me a side profile view... Perfect! Serving looks!" Laughing, I followed every direction Emersyn threw at me. She was a pretty petite Caucasian girl with curly hair, in her early twenties. She could have been mixed but I wasn't sure.

I was currently at a winter shoot (which would be coming up pretty soon) for a new clothing line that hit me in my DM's recently. I loved the crew members here. Their energy was positive and they were really welcoming. Usually it takes me a while to get comfortable at these shoots because it's dead quiet but this one was very lively. Crew members were scattered everywhere, some watching and some just running errands.

"Alright everyone five-minute break!" The director yelled, disappearing to the back, where the assorted fruits were. He was a white man of his early thirties and was so good at his job that I was convinced he had been in the business for about 20 years, but after having several conversations with him throughout the day I gathered that he had only started this job two years ago, but had much experience. He was actually pretty cool to talk to, despite him being a bit awkward.

"So how long have you been doing this for, Symone?" A high-pitched voice called from behind me.

Turning around to be met with a face that matched the name of Emersyn, I took the water bottle she was offering, thanked her and answered, "I started about a year ago but I wasn't doing it consistently, so I guess you could say I'm trying to get back into it."