Chapter 19

Symone Anderson

After a long 7 hours, I was finally clocking out of work

After a long 7 hours, I was finally clocking out of work. Usually I enjoy coming here but today was quite sad. An older white lady came in today crying about her son who is fighting cancer. I always kept my poker face due to the fact that the hospital rules required me to do so, but truth be told I did shed a few tears. I had to excuse myself for a little while but before Mrs. Bailey, our supervisor, came back out, I was okay. It just hurt to see people like that because I, too, have experienced such pain. My favorite Aunty, Nova, had breast cancer. Those months were so tough that I was depressed. I lost a lot of weight and I bathed in my tears but thank God that she survived it.

I gathered my things and made my way back to Rocky's condo so I could take a quick shower and change into comfortable clothes for the visit he and I would pay to the girl that was apart of what Rico did to Lyric.

                  ---------------

When I arrived at the condo Rocky's ass wasn't even there which prompted me to call him. Of all times to be absent he chose now.

A time where I wanted very badly to get something over with.

*FaceTime Call*

"Rocky, why now?" I asked with a straight face.

"What you mean? A nigga making plays." He was in the car listening to bass-heavy music and if I'm not mistaken I caught a glimpse of a girl in the passenger seat which made me feel odd but I attempted to ignore it.

"Nigga you can make money later! Did you forget?"

"Forget what?" He started, looking at the road. He was currently at a red light. A few seconds passed before he finally recalled. "Oh shit! Right, right, Janaiya. My bad, come outside in 10."

When he said that I rolled my eyes and ended the call, almost slipping on my way to the shower because of these damn hardwood floors.

In the shower Rocky being in the car with that girl plagued my mind. I want so badly to be able to resist feelings for this nigga because I just know I'm not mentally ready for a relationship and secondly Rocky is probably a dog anyway.

If I actually did decide to express how I feel to Rocky it would go smoothly. I'm pretty fucking good at detecting how someone feels for me judging by the little things like body language. Not to sound cocky but Rocky definitely feels for me, more than a simple friendly care. For example, the first time we kissed, he was so gentle and passionate with me. When we have simple conversations his focus is beyond a 10 and he looks straight into my eyes, something I'm not even able to do quite yet, because the one time I tried to look him in the eyes I failed--uneasy was an understatement. He was also very respectful when he wasn't joking around as well as caring at all times. He had a habit of always making sure I was straight. Not to mention, whenever I needed him he was there. Him saving me when Rico was following me is a prime example.