Chapter 26

Symone Anderson

It's been two weeks since Rocky and I started calling ourselves a "thing" and I wasn't even sure how I hadn't told Lyric the news. Somehow it came up in a conversation between myself and Nicole and as everyone else would say, she was happy for me, happy that I moved on from the slight depression Justin left on me. Speaking of that, I've been doing so well after reminding myself every single day that I can't be sad forever, and there's really nothing I can do about the situation. I've prayed about it and now all I was doing was chilling, honestly... Taking life day by day.

I had a shoot with the same agency as last time, the one that I felt the most comfortable with. But before I would go over there, Lyric and I set up a lunch date. She and I used to go out together all the time, but with the two of us living at other places for a little bit that obviously changed. Her being my best friend, sister, and headache in one never shifted the slightest bit though.

Lyric and I planned to meet at Panera Bread and I was currently on my way. She lived closer and was already there.

                  ---------------

"My babyyyy!" Lyric dragged, beaming as she stood up with her arms out to hug me.

I gladly took her into my embrace and kissed her cheek greeting, "Hey my sweet." I followed her to the table to sit across from her and after taking a good look it was easy to realize she was genuinely happy. You could see it in her face, literally glowing.

"Why has it been so long since we linked? And you look so good bitch, Ferg lucky as hell."

"Hmm, stoppp!" She smiled big, waving me off. "But you right though, he is. And facts, I knew I missed you but seeing you now just reminds me that you really are my bitch and we need to get back into our place. Speaking of, when we making that transition?"

"When Rocky stop acting like my daddy..." I paused, before muttering, "which he just might be."

"Symone we mumbling and shit now?" She said dramatically, looking at me intensely and widening her eyes. "What you say?"

"I been meaning to tell you this but I wanted to wait until I see you in person. Doesn't that show how much I respect our sister-ship? But yeah so..." I trailed off, just to get her riled up again.

"Soooooo?"

"I guess I got me a nigga now." I smiled.

"Oooo bitch let me guess... It better not be that nigga James or whatever you call him from gotdamn Waffle House cause I will dead ass drag you if it is."

"Alright... It's Jacob," I corrected. "And no bitch, that's disgusting. You know me better than that, come on sis."

"Is it who I think it is?"

"Depends."

"I don't know of anyone but imma just say it. If it ain't Rocky I give up on life."

"It's Rocky."

Lyric paused, her jaw dropping. "Nigga... Since when? Where? What?"

"Yeah girl, my reaction was similar to yours. One day I was cooking and he asked me to be his so of course I said yes."

"Fuck was you cooking, bacon?" She knew I wasn't the most talented in the kitchen but I was working on it.

"I lied bitch, but there's a semi-long story leading up to it."

Lyric checked the time on her phone, saying, "Didn't you say your shoot starts at 4? It's 12:40, we got time. But tell the story while we order this food, I'm hungry as hell. All I had for breakfast was dick."