Chapter 16

Third Person POV

When Rakim and Symone got back to the condo, they both went to take showers. Rocky had blood on his clothes which had him disgusted mainly because it was Rico's blood and Symone needed to refresh, although they both took showers earlier in the day.

The car ride was quiet but not awkward, more so because they were stuck in their own heads, trying to piece together the events that recently took place. Symone knew she could be next and figured Rico was starting from the people closest to her to get a hold of her. Rocky almost had it all figured out but they both didn't make their assumptions official because they knew Lyric would tell the story when she was ready.

After sliding on a white tee and gray sweats, Rocky lit a blunt waiting for Symone. He thought about watching a movie, but whatever she wanted to do, he was down for it.

                ---------------

On Rocky's second blunt, Symone walked towards the couch in a plain black tee and Nike compression shorts with her hair in a ponytail. Rakim glanced at her, scanning with a smirk. She didn't even notice it but sat next to him on the black couch with her nose in her phone, typing away.

Rocky broke the silence. "You lucky, this my last rolled one."

Symone shut her phone off and smiled as she replied, "Thank you, thank you so much. Need it." She kissed his soft cheek, taking the blunt from him. She coughed dramatically on the first pull.

Rakim said nothing, just chuckled in response.

"Shit crazy, but aye man, my best friend is somewhat okay," Symone commented.

"Yeah, remember when he said he gave her herpes? That shit so foul." Rakim stated.

"When the fuck did he say that?" Symone exclaimed, passing the blunt to him.

"You were there," Rocky said. Symone was confusing him now.

"I don't remember that, but is he dead ass? Like serious? What kinda fuck shit?"

"I don't know. He either said that to scare us or he was serious as a heart attack, but ain't no telling what he got. He fuck anything with two legs and a vagina," Rocky started, releasing smoke from his nose. "For all we know, he probably fuck niggas too," he continued, laughing his ass off.

"What the fuck? Who is that sick? How do you go around spreading STD's and shit?" Symone questioned with squinted eyes.

"I don't know, better be glad he ain't get yo ass, shit woulda been ova wit" Rocky slid in, passing the blunt back to Symone. He moved his eyes to be met with Symone rolling her eyes.

"Wow, you're so insensitive. Fuck, I gotta go with her to get tested tomorrow, this is all so much."

"Yup, so much that I wanted to throw the fuck up when I heard that shit. Better be a joke, even though that ain't nun to play about," Rocky replied. His eyes were glossy and he was way less woke when high. Symone had already taken about 7 hits and she was pretty far from sober now, 3 more hits and he was zooted and booted.

"Did she hear when he said that?" Symone asked Rocky.

"Yeah, she did."

"Wow," was all she said, now in a trance with absolutely nothing on her mind. "I need to get my mind off this though, for now," she added, looking over at Rocky grinning. "Any ideas?"

"Unless you tryna fuck, no ma'am," Rocky stated with a straight face. Symone returned it, wanting so badly to slap him. Rocky then burst out laughing. "I kid, I kid," he voiced, slapping his knee.