xxi. junhoe

A/N: warning - parts of this chapter might be upsetting to some, includes poignant takes on a loved one's death.

I made some other parts that I could overwhelmingly fluffy though so i hope it compensates :*

---

Junhoe was in the hall now where the service was taking place, in his metaphorically suffocating suit as he greeted people alongside his father who looked quite solemn for once. Junhoe recognised everyone more or less, he could see his sister's friends gathering around the banquet, his annoying cousin and his girlfriend, more cousins, distant relatives, people associated with work, and the elders who had taken a part in bringing his mother up and Junhoe himself to be honest. Junhoe really didn't want to be in a suit, he just wanted to throw away being formal while gulping down a beer. Which he really needed. Incredibly so.

Jiwon had come to his room ten minutes before, only half-dressed himself but he said that Junhoe being ready was far more important. Junhoe agreed weakly even though he didn't want to be out there, he really didn't.

"Is there gonna be any admin? You know, time before we sit down for greetings and stuff," Jiwon had asked as he slid the tie around Junhoe's open collar and the younger nodded, looking down at Jiwon's fingers.

"Yeah, that's gonna take a while. Sorry."

"It's fine...though I can't be with you then, right? You'll be greeting people, I'm guessing."

Junhoe grimaced at the thought. "You can always come later than I do. No-one'll be that bothered if you do."

"Will you be bothered?" Jiwon asked, finishing up the tie and patting Junhoe's chest. Junhoe finally looked at him then, searching for some kind of meaning in his eyes before he shook his head.

"I'm seeing you now. I think that's enough for me."

Jiwon grinned, lighting up in pride as he took a light hold of Junhoe's suit jacket, curling his hand into it. "You mean that?"

"Yeah," Junhoe replied, smiling too as he knocked his forehead against Jiwon's, feeling unquestionably happy as Jiwon pecked his nose quickly, like he was hoping that Junhoe would think that it hadn't even happened, but still softly. Jiwon was always soft in whichever way and everything he did smoothed out Junhoe's sharp edges. "I wouldn't lie to you."

Junhoe had made the realisation a long time ago that he wasn't a big fan of people and that was mostly because they all had the ability to hurt him, but right now he was just thinking that they were so boring. Asking about what books Junhoe had been reading recently, how school was going. A lot of them still thought he was in high school which was funny to explain. And when his annoying cousin approached him, he immediately held up a hand and said, "If you're going to ask where my boyfriend is and do something like shove your so-called amazing relationship in my face because I know you're gonna make it into a competition then I'm not interested."

The cousin frowned, narrowing his eyes at Junhoe. "I wasn't gonna do that."

"Oh sure, sure you weren't, and I'm sexually attracted to doorknobs."

"I bet your boyfriend is a doorknob," he bit back, looking quite proud of himself for the argument and Junhoe just rolled his eyes as he turned away, going back to greeting people. He ignored his dad looking at him, seeming like he was trying to be disappointed but he was too amused. His grandparents on his mother's side arrived a few minutes later, and Junhoe grinned happily as he leant down to hug his grandmother, about to say a warm greeting but then he was being hit on the head halfway into the hug.