vii. junhoe

A/N: surPRISE CHAPTER

meaning I was on a whole long journey today and had a lot of time on the train to write

you guys are the beST, I hope you know that (just chugged garlic milk (against my WILL, I tell you) so I'm not feeling too good so let me take it out on my love for junbob and you guys)

enjoy!

——————

It was safe to say that Junhoe thought he was killing it so far. He hadn't made a fool out of himself yet (like, more than usual) and that was a win in his book. 

It had also only been five minutes.

Junhoe really had low expectations of himself.

"So should we..."

"Talk?"

I was gonna say get a bigger table... "Talking is—yeah! Top notch. Good idea. That I was totally going to say. Isn't this a great start to a conversation?"

Jiwon raised an eyebrow as he smiled at the table, reaching out for the water jug but he never took a glass or anything, he just kept his fingers on the handle. "You sure you didn't drink before we came?"

"You were with me for most of the day, you would know if I did!"

"Correction—we were in the same house for most of the day, but same room would be about ten minutes and that's if you add all the instances together." 

"That's not my fault..."

But Junhoe knew it pretty much was. He was the idiot who acted like a stranger whenever Jiwon walked into the same room as him, sometimes he'd even leave too without realising that he was being the rudest thing the universe had to offer. He just didn't think sometimes, he wasn't the type to immediately worry about how his actions affected other people but now...now that was all he could think about. Is Jiwon-hyung hurt? Will he hold this against me forever? Am I a royal pain who's about to be single soon?

Why does all of that sound so plausible?!

"What would it take for you to break up with me?" Junhoe blurted out and Jiwon made a small splutter of surprise, frozen in a wide-eyed look that he gave the table.

(Jiwon had been looking at the table ever since they got there and Junhoe was a bit miffed because what did the table have that he didn't?)

"Um...uh...wow, this is gonna be a great talk," Jiwon finally managed to mumble, pulling his hand slowly back from the jug. Junhoe only looked at him in silent earnest, not realising how badly he wanted an answer to this kind of question before.

"Would it take a little?"

"Wha—nooo, no, no, not at all," Jiwon said quickly, his defensive tone bringing back the fuzzy feeling in Junhoe that he still didn't understand. "I just...I...Junhoe, do you doubt me that much?"

"It's not that, I'm just scared of losi—uhhh, losing the apartment!" Junhoe quickly diverted what he originally meant to say, not really noticing the look Jiwon was giving him. "'Cause if you broke up with me then you'll probably kick me out and being homeless would suck so that's all I'm saying." Junhoe sniffed then. "And I really, really like the apartment because it's really nice to me and it smells nice too, like lavender, and it makes me happy. And I don't know if there'll ever be another apartment that will like me as much as this one does...it's a really good a-apartment, hyung."

"Okay, yeah, you've completely lost me," Jiwon said in utter bewilderment. "And I wouldn't kick you out...I could never pay the whole rent by myself."