xviii. jiwon

A/N: I know I'm so confusing, I apologise for long chapters but then for an apology for not updating for so long, I write long chapters - I don't know either, okay, my mind is weird

but yeah, I'm really really sorry for not updating for so long. I legitimately had other things to work on and I felt so bad, but I'm back now and I hope this is good enough :')

enjoy!

-----

It had been quite a while since Jiwon had been in a relationship, he realised. He definitely hadn't been in one during all the time that he had known Junhoe and maybe those two factors were related, but Jiwon wasn't sure. Jiwon had always liked Junhoe but he hadn't always...liked him though to be fair, Jiwon had always been knocking down potential Junhoe suitors whenever they used to come along by being so overly, exaggeratedly critical that Junhoe would actually listen to him. Junhoe used to get a lot of people crushing on him, hell, he probably still did but Jiwon liked to think that he scared them off now. That probably wasn't true but he could dream.

Jiwon still remembered some of them. The girls were always cut out immediately because Junhoe would vocally express just how gay he was if he had to, though sometimes girls would come having that stupid mindset of 'I can make you straight, Junhoe!' and Jiwon would have to chase them away when it got to that point. Five months ago, there was this one guy who Junhoe got on far too well with and the instant he said that he was planning to ask Junhoe out, Jiwon cornered him the next day and growled, "I'll give you a head start so run, run as fast as you can." Three months ago, there was another guy who was good at making Junhoe laugh and Jiwon instantly hated him. It only added more fuel to the fire when the guy accidentally tripped Jiwon up in basketball and he whined about it to Junhoe for a whole day, saying that he was absolutely evil and horrible and Junhoe had shaken his head fondly, grinning. "I guess I can't really be friends with someone my roommate hates."

"I make you laugh more than he does, right? Right?!"

Junhoe rolled his eyes, biting back a snicker and Jiwon saw that as a win. "Of course you do."

There was teriyaki guy, so-called as such because Jiwon 'accidentally' poured a plate of teriyaki over him and got yet another enemy for life. There was limo guy who was clearly expecting to win Junhoe over by his wealth and all Jiwon had to do was say 'but Junhoe's richer than you' for the guy to dash. There was barista guy who according to Junhoe made 'such good hot chocolate' and Jiwon was sizzling mad because hot chocolate was his thing, so he went and saw for himself and sure, maybe it was sort of incredible but Jiwon knew for a fact that he could do better. That led to the first time that Jiwon made Junhoe his signature hot chocolate and the amazed look on Junhoe's face when he tried it made Jiwon the happiest person in the world, especially when Junhoe asked him for one the next day which ultimately meant in Jiwon's eyes that barista guy was history.

The worst moment, though, was when Junhoe actually went out on a proper date, a month after Jiwon realised he liked him in 'that' way, which happened to be two months before they started dating. It was funny how things worked out like that and you wouldn't realise it, because you just didn't know.

Junhoe had been asked out by a person who had slipped under Jiwon's radar, and he had only found out when he saw Junhoe getting all dressed up. Jiwon wasn't sure whether to stare at him with heart eyes or feel heartbroken because he was clearly going on a date. He couldn't even do anything to object, not even giving Junhoe a goodbye as he just stalked off to his room, and then melted into his blankets sadly when he heard the front door close. But Junhoe had come back earlier than Jiwon expected.

"You okay?" Jiwon asked Junhoe who had taken a seat at the kitchen counter. Jiwon was on the other side of it, leaning over and feeling a bit jittery and nervous for some reason, only feeling a bit appeased when Junhoe smiled up at him brightly. "Ooh...should I take that as a yes?"