Chapter 67: Something To Drink

Eli POV 

We were all sat awkwardly at the table awaiting mother's arrival. Lydia was at the head of the table the other end free. Me, Elijah and Kol were sat to Lydia's right me being sat next to mother and Kol next to Lydia. Rebekah, Klaus and Finn were at the other side. Klaus opposite me, Kol opposite Rebekah and Finn between. I looked at Klaus and we both had bored expressions. I made a gun with my fingers and mock shot my head and he smirked rolling his eyes. 

"Your Mother sure knows how to keep a girl waiting" Spoke Lydia taking a drink from her red wine. "You'd have thought someone with 1000 years under their belt would have some manners"

"My apologies Miss. Martin, I was held up in some urgent matters" spoke our mother as she entered the room. She was wearing the dress I gave her, it was mother's style and didn't suit the teenage girls body what so ever. 

"Mother looking lovely as always" I Said to her lying my ass off as I stood to greet her. "Although if we ever meet again like this I suggest you don't keep Lydia Martin waiting she's a very busy women with very little time"

"Busy doing what? Running the city?" My mother asked as a dog to the girl who's lips were pursed. "Although I'm sure Francesca is doing a fine job, better than a teenage girl I believe"

"Oh honey, I don't need you or anyone to tell me my worth" Said Lydia as she sat relaxed in her chair. "Days it would take me to bring this city to its knee, days" she told our mother as we all sat back down. 

"It's always nice to dream" Spoke Esther and I laughed. 

"Wait until you seee her in action, you won't be so confident then you whore" spat Kol and I sighed. 

"Well down to why were all here" Said Klaus before an argument could break out. 

"Alright alright, I have a question firstly" I spoke and stood dramatically. Well tried anyway Elijah grabbed my shoulder and forced me to stay in my seat, as you can tell I'm the fun twin. "Fine, why was Klaus your favourite when we were human?" I asked and she narrowed her eyes. "I'm not jealous or anything but why did you so quickly change your mind to Finn being the favourite?" 

"I knew about Niklaus' curse and I protected him from it" she told us living to grab her wine which I grabbed quickly. "Eli?"

"You may be 1000 but that bodies 16, no alcohol for you missy" I Said with a smirk and stared ahead only to see Klaus furious look. "Nik, calm down"

"That stupid bird amulet, it didn't protect me at all" he screamed and threw what was infront of him to the floor. "It made me weak, it was all because of you" he screamed and Finn grabbed Klaus' shoulder. 

"I did what I had to do to protect you from Mikael, he would have killed you" Esther defended herself and I sighed. "I wanted what was best for all of my children, let me help you all"

"Help us, more like murder us you malicious delusional bitch" spat Kol and I sighed. 

"Well this dinner is going brilliantly, great suggestion Eli" said Bekah and I glared her way as she raised her champagne in my direction. 

"Everyone shit up and sit your asses down" Shouted Lydia as she stood at the head of the table. Everyone was stood and arguing except me and Bekah who sat watching everything sipping our preferred drinks for the evening. "Good" she said when everyone did as instructed. "Now, Esthe What you Did was alarming but why don't we get to more present matters?" 

"Alright, What do you wish to discuss?" She asked Lydia who smiled as the compelled waiters brought in plates of parmesan chicken. 

"You and your witches creating moonlight rings have put everyone under high amounts of stress, Francesca is acting irrationally out of fear and the wolves are refusing the listen to Hayley and Jackson. The vampires are obviously not as large of a faction anymore but I assure you it's starting to grow again as more vampires are coming to the city now that Marcel isn't being a dictator"

"He was hardly a dictator" defended Nik only for Lydia to glare which shut him up and made me chuckle. "Oh shut it Eli"

"I'm afraid I pay for their services using these rings and I need their help with certain situations, it seems like there will be a new leader of New Orleans fairly soon" Esther spoke cockily before she started choking. 

She seemed to have some sort of fit before she slumped to the table. 

"Well that was most unexpected" commented Elijah and I turned to glare at him before Finn and Kol started to choke. "This is not" and we couldn't do anything as the 2 went limp. We sat just looking at the limp bodies. 

"So, What now?" I asked when I heard movement and saw the harvest girl waking up. "Hi, you must be confused but follow me and I'll help you out" I Said and pushed her from the dining room into Derek who started to lead her to the dungeon. "So, how do we go about finding Kol and Finn?"

"Well don't bother finding Kol" Said Issac walking into the room putting his hands on his hips. "I bloody hate that women"

"Kol?" Lydia asked in shock. 

"The one and bloody only, god I need a drink"