Chapter 12: One Of Us

Jeremy POV 

"So how long until we get back to Mystic Falls?" I asked Stiles. He was driving his Jeep, Roscoe, whilst some teen Derek wastage in the back. He woke up a few hours ago freaked out but Stiles managed to calm him down. 

"Well we have to make a pit stop to a witch in a town a few hours away from there first but then back in the road" he replied and I nodded my head before going back to looking out the window. We'd been travelling for about a day now. He'd called Lydia a few hours ago and it was now about 7pm, great. 

"So you said it was possible you might end up staying, what about me?" Asked Derek and yeah good point. He'd said that Peter was going to a mental asylum when he proved what he thought was right so that meant Derek was left with no one. 

It was weird since Stiles had rescued the both of us. I'd had a rage I'd not had before, before I'd had a zen like serenity most of the time but now I was struggling to keep the anger at bay. I'd also had to borrow a shirt from Stiles that he'd brought as a spare for 'teen' Derek because apparently he should be 24 or something like that. It was silent besides the music for awhile, Derek fell asleep Stiles was consentrating on driving and I was doing neither. 

"Why do you think she took me?" I asked Stiles out of the blue. It was a question that had been bugging me. Stiles looked at me briefly before looking back at the road and thinking about how to answer. 

"Honestly, she would have been trying to hurt Scott cause she thinks he's the reason he family isn't really what it once was and you were the easier and best option. Non of the vampires or anyone from Mystic Falls would think she'd hurt you or that she'd think we'd tell you all and the fact that your not weak and would have been useful berserker or not it all plays into the fact that she could use you for protection, she only cared about her own survival" replied Stiles seriously before everything went quiet again. 

I know someone like that, Katherine, only cares about herself and would play others to get what she wanted. In that aspect Derek was a lot like the Salvatore's and Mason Lockwood, falling for the wrong person and their the ones to get hurt. 

"Don't think about it too much Jer we'll help you get it under control, your pack now" Said Stiles And with that I nodded and looked back out the car window,  falling asleep with my head resting against the glass. 

————————————-

Kol POV 

I was panicking. 

Eli knew we were here. I was pacing my bedroom not wanting everyone else to see me like this. How do I fix this without it being obvious what wrong? Maybe Elijah could help I mean he knew Eli best out of all of us. But then again he was more like me What with our Ripper like tendencies. 

"Kol What's got your knickers in a twist?" Said Bekah as she walked past my room and heard my mad pacing. Pausing I turned to look at her putting my hands on my hips and thought of an excuse, why could I come up with an excuse normally but when I was in panic mode did nothing come to my head? 

"Urmm j-just some stuff" I stuttered out and she just gave me a weird look before leaving most likely to get Elijah or Klaus to see what's up with me. When she was out of sight I continued to pace. Maybe I could murder a load of people so the family decide to move to prevent being found out? But then again Eli would know my tricks anywhere, unless I used Stefans tricks hmmm. 

"Kol Rebekah seemed concerned about you, said you seemed to be panicking" Said Elijah and oh god why him? I mean if I tell him what Lydia said it would destroy him, destroy all of us. That's it hallelujah, I need Lydia. 

"Oh n-Nothing Fine perfectly fine I'm just going to to go this way" I said stuttering the words slightlyas I grabbed a jacket and went to walk past Elijah help hadn't moved from the doorway. 

"Kol talk to me brother what's got you like this?" Asked Elijah blocking my exit, and yeah great time to be family man Lijah. I know he's always tried to bring our family together but now is really not the time. 

"I will jump out of the window" and yeah desperate move but I needed to talk to Lydia, ASAP. 

"But drastic don't you think" and I tilted my head as a sign of agreement and Elijah nodded his head like he thought I'd agreed not to jump. Instead I used my vampire speed and smashed through the window. I ran straight to the Lockwood mansion where I'd heard Lydia and her friends were staying. Upon my arrival I saw the group, or pack since they were wolves, sat on the grass even though it was midnight, thank god it wasn't a full moon. 

"Lydia are you sober?" And she sat up rubbing her sore head, hangover must be setting in, and nodded her head which made her grimace. "Good, So what did you mean by what you said earlier?" She seemed confused like she was trying to think back to what she said but unforetunately it looked like nothing cane to mind. 

"Sorry I can't remember past the tequila being opened" the girl replied to my question and she seemed genuinely apologetic. 

Instead of reliving verbally I just nodded my head and started walking away at a human pace.

Time to visit the Bennett witch.