Chapter 21: Monster

Jeremy POV 

"What the hell?!!" Said the one person I REALLY didn't want to see right now. And Damon. She just had this uncanny ability to piss me off which was understandable I mean she did t even realise that I'd been kidnapped. 

"Elena what are you doing here?" I Said in an annoyed voice. She looked over finally realising I was here and at my annoyed expression which she must have guessed was directed at her, or maybe not. 

"Jeremy!!! Come on let's go we can talk at home" she said like I'd listen to her. God she's so annoying how couldn't I see that before. I looked down as I tried (admittedly not as hard as I could have) to rein in the anger at my self-centred, manipulative sister-cousin but alas I failed. 

And the berserker took over. 

Shifting I felt my skin harden (god wasn't that weird) and the bones coming out from my arms. "Jeremy control it" even with that stupid amulet that Stiles gave me the anger won out and I saw red. 

I growl this weird growl that was animalistic but wasn't like a wolves and ran towards my sister. Damon, who wasn't that far away, couldn't get to me before I slammed my body into Elena's and she went flying into a tree. You could hear her arm as it broke since it took the brunt of the impact. I growled again and went to prowl forward but instead I saw someone else in my vision. 

"This isn't you alright!!! Jeremy listen to me think about your parents, your aunt, Vicki and Anna everyone who cared about you. Hold onto your humanity" and yeah that got got to me. I'd seen what vampires without humanity can do, ruthless killers with no remourse for anything or anyone. 

But my parents aren't here, neither is my aunt or Vicki or Anna they're all dead. Because Mom and Dad just had to go get Elena from that party and Jenna yeah that wasn't her fault but it just feels like it is because she attracted Klaus here and she got turned because she laughed the reason the Salvatores cane to town and Anna got killed because Uncle John stayed to be a father for Elena. 

It was all down to her. 

I stabbed the person who seemed to think I was calming in the gut and they fell to the ground in pain. I started walking towards her again my breathing heavy with the anger and my footsteps heavy with the extra weight of my skin and muscle and everything being bone. 

I was kicked, hard, in the back and I turned to my attacker. How dare they try stop me from killing her! I turned and saw someone who I recognised but everything was clouded by the rage. I swung and they ducked and they slashed with claws that only stung. 

I went low and my fist connected but my bone dagger didn't. I got a punch to the chest and a knee in the gut. I gave him a deep cut along his chest. I got kicked in the face. He got hairier and I got angrier. I went to sleet stab again but my arm got caught and a knee to the forearm broke it in 2. 

I Screeched in pain. The pain made me human. 

"Shit shit shit fuck!!!" I shouted even though my arm was healing pretty quickly. Looking up I saw someone in their 20's maybe and I had no clue who that guy was. "What the fuck man who the hell even are you?!!" I shouted at him as Lydia and Allison cane to check to make sure it was healing properly. 

"Yeah okay" He said before he stormed away. I saw Peter looking at him kind of guiltily as he passed by and everyone looking with sympathy. Except Damon. He was angry. 

"You were going to kill your own sister!!" He shouted at me and god no he didn't have any right to judge. Since my bone had healed I got up as he approached and I focused on happy thoughts, like... god I don't even know. 

"Yeah well you've nearly killed Stefan plenty of times!! I mean what did you promise him, an eternity of misery, that ring any bells?" I Said to him and oh yeah that struck a nerve as he tried to attack me but was caught before he could. 

"I suggest you leave before I have to make you" Said Stiles in a voice that yeah that shit as cool. That evil villain slash psychopathic murderer voice, he nailed it. 

"Oh really cause last I remember seeing you, you were an out of control newby" Said Damon smirking venomously. He looked like he thought he won but when he tried to move Stiles' arm he didn't even budge. 

"Well we all hide behind our masks, just like Katerina who is now Katherine" he said before he threw Damon to the ground. "Now like I said leave, I don't like repeating myself Damon but for you I guess I can make an exception" he said and Damon glared at each of us before he went to help Elena stand. 

She turned around before he got out of view and human hearing range and she turned to me with an upset and disappointed look on her face. "Don't come home Jer, I can't look at you" before she turned and walked away. 

I stood emotionless as she walked away and out of sight. Why didn't that upset me? I mean Elena was my last family. But then I looked at everyone around me. 

They're my family now.