Chapter 22: Little Sister

Lydia POV 

"So Scott I'm freaking out so what do I get Stiles so he won't try kill his brother?" I asked Scott when I walked into the kitchen on Friday morning. He looked up kind of stunned and I could understand why, he thinks Stiles is the type to not hurt people oh boy is he wrong. 

"Curly fries and a double bacon cheese burger. Pay for Roscoe to be fixed and a new murder board or all three" he said and why didn't I think of any of those. I smirked at him and he sighed putting his cereal bowl in the sink and led the way outside so we could utilise whatever car we found. Lucky for us Stiles' Jeep was there (I refused to call it Roscoe). 

We drove into town where I found a large stationary store which could possibly have murder board material. I dragged Scott inside and away from the chihuahua that was trying to have a growling contest with him. Looking around I saw a cork board and was turning to tell Scott to pick it up when I saw a better one. A see through whiteboard thingy that I'm sure he'd appreciate more if he cane back to Beacon Hills with us at the end of the week. 

After buying the murder board and taking it back to the Lockwoods we drove to the Grill where we were meeting the pack, minus Jeremy who's in school sorting out his transfer papers, for lunch. I saw Stiles and put on the biggest and brightest smile I could muster onto my face and made my way over. Time for over-kill. 

"Hey Stiles, my best friend, partner in crime, fellow genius, how are you today? I'm great I've got nothing going on why would you ask?" I Said and yeah my nerves got the best of me. Stupid nerves and stupid protective original vampires. 

"What aren't you telling me?" He asked suspiciously and turning in his chair to face me whilst I looked forward not wanting to make eye contact. I turned to look guiltily at him. 

"So I may or may not be going on a date with one of your brothers" he seemed shocked and raised a questioning eyebrow at me. "It's Kol, he's picking me up at 7 from the Lockwood mansion" I Said in dispair cause why can't I ever hide anything from Stiles I mean god he's just one person, albeit he's got super speed and strength and that mind control thingy so maybe that's why? 

"Okay" He said relaxed as he sat back in his seat. Everyone looked at him in shock knowing how protective he is of the pack. "It's your decision" he said and I smiled. Stiles trusted me which I was thankful for because it took a lot for him to trust people and I'm glad to be one of the lucky few, he only trusts the pack and his family although the latter is a little shaky I mean he did hunt them for 700 years. 

For the rest of the afternoon we had a nice time eating lunch and just hanging out until school ended and we all went to meet Rebekah and Caroline who insisted on helping me get ready for my date. 

—————————————

Kol POV 

I was happily relaxed just sat with a glass of bourbon, reading a book on the last century's history to update myself on what I've missed. 

Who am I kidding really I wasn't even reading this stupid book Elijah got me I just had it open whilst I sat nervous drinking about my date with Lydia. 

"You really like this girl don't you?" Asked Elijah who was sat in the chair opposite me. I nodded my head leaning it back with my eyes closed onto the back of the chair. I felt Elijah pat my shoulder before I heard him take his leave and I just sat basking in the deafening silence. 

I was suddenly pulled from my chair by a great strength and thrown to the floor. I looked at who attacked me and froze. He wasn't ever planning on playing nice. I went to attack but was pinned to the wall next to the fireplace with a chess piece in my chest nearly touching my heart, white oak. I opened my eyes and looked into the whiskey eyes of my older brother. 

"Eli, what the hell?" I shouted at him but he kept his murder face on. 

"So I hear your taking Lydia on a date" I went to try explain but he put a finger to his lips telling me to be quiet. "Listen and listen good alright. Lydia is like a sister to me, she an amazing person and I swear if so much as a hair in her head is harmed I will drive a white oak dagger into your heart and dump your corpse into the middle of the Atlantic, I hear the mid-Atlantic ridge is nice this time of year" he said and suddenly the chess piece was gone and I was sitting on the floor all alone. 

"Kol everything alright?" Asked Elijah when he saw the scared and bewildered expression on my face. 

"So Elijah how do you be a perfect gentleman? My life depends on it, literally"