Chapter 65: Rise Up

Eli POV 

I'd woken up in the morning. Everything was as it had been for the last few months. Still and quiet just the noise of people shuffling about, Klaus and Malia has completely shut down. Malia stayed in her room a coyote all the time just cuddling up with the blanket that she'd wrapped Hope in when we got her back from Marcel. Klaus would either stare out the window or at a blank canvas never actually painting anything. Hayley spent most of her time in the bayou, Derek, Scott and Issac would join her. Davina and Kai were holed up in the attic and Damon and Caroline had decided to visit New York but were coming back in 2 days. Lydia was focusing on trying to get control of New Orleans again and Rebekah, Elijah and Kol were all too happy for the distraction. 

"Hey" I Said as I arrived the the basement of the compound, it was pretty much a dungeon. Jeremy looked up and glared at me. "You feeling better?" 

"Yeah" said Jeremy as he curled into himself. "I'm fine" he said and I knew if I was human I'd of heard a mumble, barely. "I should go shower"

"Sure" I Said But he didn't move. I walked over and sat next to him and he tensed. "What's going on with you?" I asked him and he sighed. "You've been losing control a lot lately"

"I'm fine" he said and I gave him a pointed look. "I'm fine" he repeated and I sighed. 

"No your not" I Said and he went to protest being who he is. "But I'll be here to talk when you feel like it"

-TIMESKIP-

"Why are we all here?" Derek asked Lydia as she entered the courtyard of the compound followed by Kol. "Something going on?"

"Yes actually we've decided that it's time we put Eli out of his misery  and get the original moonstones back" Kol Said and I sighed in relief. One day I'm not in control of my body and then in pain during the full moon. "Jeremy your with me, Derek Your with Malia, Scott your with Lydia, Elijah your with Kai the rest of you stay here" he said and I coughed. "What's wrong with you? It's not even the full moon yet"

"Hayley goes with you instead, Jeremy stays here" I Said and Kol made some movements that was just throwing his arms around with a confused expression. "Don't question Me"

"I can go" Jeremy argued but a glare shut him up. "Fine whatever" he said and then left. 

"Is He Okay?" Lydia asked. "He seems troubled"

"He's been losing control, nothing that we can't work through when he admits there's something wrong" I told her and she nodded with a frown. 

"Right well let's get started" Said Kol and he walked away, but came back. "Each group gets 3 stones, just as a warning" he said and practically slipped away. 

"He seems too happy" Said Malia from where she'd curled herself into a pile of blankets. "I don't lime it tell her to not be happy" 

"He's hoping to kill someone Malia, there's no way that he won't be happy no matter what anyone says" I told her and she sighed and her face was once again covered by a blanket. "I'm heading out" I told everyone as I made to leave the compound. 

"Where exactly are you going?" Scott asked and I turned around and raised an eyebrow. "I don't want my best friend to replace me" he defended and I laughed but didn't answer as o turned and kept walking. "He's not going to replace me right?"

-TIMESKIP-

"It's possible that he feels imbalance within himself" said Cassie as I sat opposite her in the witches greenhouse. "He's got 3 different supernatural forces acting upon a body that was human and he's not a vampire so he probably can't take the pressure"

"He can take the pressure I assure you, he's died multiple times and yet he's still kicking" I told her sipping my tea, which she laced with vervain. It's true the kids tough and it's unfortunate how bad his luck is considering he's died like what 3 times now. 

"And I assure you he can't take it, this isn't a mind over matter situation" she argued and I narrowed my eyes at her determined look. "In reality he should exist to begin with, nature is fighting back" she said in such a judgemental tone. 

"I never thought I'd see the day that Esther Mikaelson rose from the grave yet again, I'm sorry I misse your first resurrection I was busy in possessing a friend of mine" I told her taking another sip of tea. She stood and took a step so she was leaning over me and stoked a finger down my cheek, I kept a blank expression whilst looking at her face. 

"You always were the smart one"

"Yeah I'm like all my siblings mixed together with a dash of common sense sprinkled on top"

"I see you've only grown more sarcastic"

"The world makes pessimists of us all"