Chapter 3 AKA: A Cougar Is A Mountain Lion, Dumbass

Start from the beginning

"I know this guy." Scott speaks up pulling everyone's attention to him.

"You do?" Allison questions with sympathy. 

Scott nods sadly. "Yeah, when I used to take the bus back when I lived with my dad. He was the driver." Scott tells us wistfully.

"Can we talk about something slightly more fun, please?" Lydia decides to cut in not wanting to talk about something that dampened the mood.

"Like, oh, where are we going tomorrow night? You said you and Scott were hanging out tomorrow night, right?" Lydia switches topics looking past Scott over at Allison.

"Um, we were thinking of what we were gonna do." She stumbles over her words. 

I then realize that I'm still leaning into Stiles. I quickly pull away and sit in my normal position putting food into my mouth as I felt a faint blush spread my cheeks. I looked down hoping my hair would cover my slight embarrassment. 

"Well, I am not sitting home again watching lacrosse videos, so if the four of us are hanging out, we are doing something fun." Lydia continues, already knowing that the four of them were hanging out because what Lydia wants, Lydia gets.

"Hanging out? Like, the four of us?" Scott is almost choking on his words. "Do you wanna hang out, like us and them?" Scott asks Allison starting to internally freak out.

"Yeah, I guess. Sounds fun." Allison replies trying to not be rude.

"You know what else sounds fun?" Jackson asks sarcastically "Stabbing myself in the face with this fork." Jackson says. Oh please do. Put us all out of our misery.

"How 'bout bowling? You love to bowl." Lydia tries to convince him while snatching th he fork out of his hand. Stiles shovel food into his mouth trying to hold his tongue. I look to Stiles.

"Yeah, with actual competition." He groans. Next to Jackson.

"How do you know we're not actual competition?" Allison smirks. My eyes now shift to Allison. "You can bowl, right?" Asks Allison directing the question to her boyfriend.

Now looking directly at Scott everyone waits for his answer. "Sort of." Scott answers quietly.

"Is it sort of, or yes?" Jackson challenges

Scott narrows his eyes "Yes. In fact, I'm a great bowler." He doesn't seem like a person who Bowles.

I look back at Stiles who is shaking his head at his best friend. Well that should make for an interesting and unexpected double date.

*********

"It looks pretty deserted, dispatch. Did you want me to take a look inside?" The officer that stood outside our house speaking into his radio looked around the area wearily.

"Unit 16, it's county property. The order's to make sure it's vacant." The voice on the radio reminds the man.

"I don't - I don't think anyone's home." He says looking kind of frightened. Poor guy. It's not your fault we don't want you here.

"For the love of God, 16, go inside and see if anyone's there." The voice gets irritated with the skittish officer

"Copy that." The cop says about to walk up to the House. Derek looks at the dog making it bark and snarl like crazy.

"Don't do that." The cop tries to calm the dog down, the dog only continues to go insane. "Okay, I'm coming. I'm coming." The cop gets back in his car and drives away.