" Well, what's the meaning of this intrusion?" Uther snapped, he wasn't happy with his dinner being interrupted.

The knight was nervous but tried to hide it from the Royals.

"My Lord, this was left outside the castle. It's addressed to you " The knight informed gesturing to the basket by lifting it slightly.

The king put down his cup and stared confused at the knight but mainly at the basket, he was holding.

" Let's have a look then" The king ordered waving his hand to beckon the knight closer.

The knight strides over to the king and gently places the basket onto the table for the king to see. The letter addressed to the king was still laying on top of the cloth.

Arthur and Morgana watched Uther closely, curious and eager to see what was in the basket.

Uther picked up the letter, opened it and read it silently to himself.

My Lord,
You probably don't remember me, but 9 months ago was your son's birthday and unfortunately, we both had had a little too much to drink at the banquet.
Inside the basket is the result of that night.
Please, I beg of you, don't turn her away. If I could raise her myself, I would but that just simply cannot be.
Please, My Lord, protect this child as she is your own just as much as she is mine. There are people out in the world that would see our daughter hurt and use her for their own selfish reasons. I haven't given her a name. I thought you should be the one to decide that. Please take good care of her.

There was no signature which confused the king greatly.
Uther placed the letter down and looked to the knight who had brought the basket

"Thank you," Uther said dismissing the knight to go back to patrolling the castle.

When the knight left the king went to uncover the basket when there was a loud clanging sound that echoed throughout the room making everyone jump.

Arthur had been much too eager to see what was in the basket and what the letter said so by trying to get a look, he had accidentally knocked over his cup of water, spilling it all over the floor.

Servants quickly came over to clean up the mess.

" Arthur, " Uther said in an annoyed voice

Arthur looked down embarrassed

"Sorry father " He apologised

Then a puny cry filled the room and all eyes went to the basket on the table. The cloth covering whatever was inside was moving, as if whatever was inside wanted to get out.

Uther took the cloth off the basket to reveal a wailing baby girl with tufts of blond hair and beautiful blue eyes. Once she noticed the cloth had been removed the baby stopped crying and looked up at the king curiously.

" A baby! " Arthur exclaimed in surprise which made the baby girl jump and start crying again. King Uther quickly took the baby girl out of the basket and cradled her in his arms, rocking and shushing her gently to make her stop crying.

" Oh well done, Arthur." Morgana sighed.
Arthur just glared at her and didn't reply but then went back to watching his father with the baby.

Uther stared down at the baby girl and smiled realising that this was his daughter. She was a princess and was to be raised and treated as such. No one was going to hurt her little girl, he would make sure of that.  The baby girl had finally stopped crying and was once again staring up at her father curiously

  The baby girl had finally stopped crying and was once again staring up at her father curiously

" Father, who is that baby?" Arthur asked desperately wanting to know and satisfy his curiosity.

Uther turned his attention away from the baby to his son who looked curious but also confused as to why someone would send his father a baby in a basket.

" Arthur, this is your new baby sister," The king said proudly turning the baby towards Arthur so he could get a good look at the baby.

Arthur smiled a huge grin but didn't say anything and started to play silently with his new sister.

"What's her name? " Morgana asked

Uther didn't even glance at Morgana and kept his gaze on his new daughter, who was laughing at a funny face Arthur had pulled and smiled. Her laughed sounded like little bells.

"Arianna. Her name shall be Arianna Pendragon, princess of Camelot "