XXII: Lord of the Seas

Heshiena's Point of View

A smile plastered upon my lips when I heard the sound of waves outside crushing against the edge of the sea. Deafening silence of the dawn took over the place. Only the rustling of the leaves. And the whispering of insects prevails.

Isinuot ko ang aking coat, habang nakatayo sa harapan ng malaking salamin. I quickly glance at the wall clock. It's past three in the morning. When I finally done preparing myself, I carefully opened the door of my room.

When I got outside of my room, dahan-dahan ko ring sinarado ang pintuan. I have to be careful not to wake up the others. Dahil alam kong lahat sila ay pagod dahil sa nangyari kagabi. Me, on the other hand, couldn't sleep enough. Maybe because I am craving to know the stories of Greeks in ancient times.

I have to know my father.

And especially other deities for future references. May klase din kami mamaya sa History tungkol dito. Para naman kahit papaano ay hindi ako mangmang sa ganitong bagay.

Napabuntonghininga ako nang maluwag nang makalabas ako ng cabin house nang hindi nai-istorbo ang iba. Cold breeze of the dawn greeted me. Dahilan para manginig ako sa ginaw. Ipinasok ko ang aking dalawang kamay sa bulsa ng aking coat, at nagpatuloy sa paglalakad.

Nahinto na lamang ako sa paglalakad nang may maalala ako.

"Damn, I should've asked Violeta last night where I can find the library," bulong ko sa aking sarili.

I was about to retreat when three floating tiny ball of light came out of nowhere. Odigos. Natatandaan ko ang sinabi sa akin ni Violeta. They are the lights that guide us to our desired destination. When they started to fly away from me, kaagad ko itong sinundan.

I've heard that the academy's library is open twenty-four seven. At doon nga ang punta ko. When the odigos turned left, I immediately know where this is going. Second floor. Habang sinusundan ko ito ay ginagawa ko ang makakaya kong hindi makagawa ng ingay.

Alam ko ang pakiramdam kapag na-istorbo ang tulog.

The odigos once again turned right. Hindi ako nagreklamo. Nang makarating ako sa third floor, nakalutang lamang ang mga odigos sa harapan ng nakabukas na pintuan. Lumapit ako, at doon ko napagtantong ito na nga ang library.

As I entered the library, the odigos faded. Even they faded, I whispered them thank you. Nalula kaagad ako sa dami at taas ng mga bookshelves. How can I get the book if it's located above?

"Good morning, Miss Heshiena." Napatingin ako sa librarian nang binati niya ako.

When our eyes met, she plastered a smile on her lips. She's an aurai. I quickly concluded that when I saw the color of her skin and her transparent wings. She had curly hair, and wore eye-glasses.

I pointed to myself. "You know me?" I asked.

She nodded. "Oh, dear, you're quite popular, you know. After that incident when you arrived at the academy," she said. That made me scoff in disbelief. Of course. "And as a daughter of Lord Poseidon."

Napaangat ako ng ulo nang marinig ang huli niyang sinabi. I give her a questioning look. And another smile plastered upon her lips.

"Lord Poseidon makes us swear to remember every child he has here in the academy," humahanga niyang wika. "He wants to consider his children as royal princesses or princes," she added.

Habang ako naman ay napapangiti. But, at the top of that, I didn't seem to understand why he had numerous children despite of having a wife. Nagpakawala ako ng malalim na buntonghininga dahil sa isiping 'yon.