XXI: Exhausting and Messy

Heshiena's Point of View

Lahat kami pumunta ng clinic. I don't know why, but seems like we all had the same gut feeling. There's something happened. When we arrived, lahat ng mga aurai ay nakahawak sa lalaking dinala ni Mavros dito sa clinic nitong mga nakaraang araw.

My eyes grew wider when I saw how pale he was. What the hell just happened to him? Mabilisang tumulong ang mga boys para pigilan siya sa pagwawala. Ngunit tila ba'y demonyo ito sa lakas dahilan para mahirapan sila.

Chrysos was about to approach them to help, but Ace suddenly flew. His back slammed against the wall. My face quickly grimaced when I heard his bone crack.

Dahil dito, nawalan siya ng malay. He fell flat to the floor. But he was also quick to get up with eyes that are glowing in pink. I heard Chry cussed in annoyance. The vibe that is lingering with Ace's body is the same feeling that he went berserk the day Chry hit him with her lightning.

I've heard they call it ability evolution.

It is the stage wherein the demigods needs to surpass or completely control his or her own deity given-ability. Violeta explained to me that it is the first stage to acquire the supreme semideus.

Second stage is called elemental fusion, it is where the demigods receive a gift of manipulating elemental abilities and have the privilege to combine it to his or her original ability. The last stage is supreme semideus.

It is said that this one is difficult to control.

Demigods couldn't acquire this one if they cannot completely master the first two. Supreme Semideus is dangerous. For it can cause their life―our lives―when this stage is overused or abused. Because this stage is giving the demigods a chance to have a god-like superstrength and abilities.

Unfortunately, it is just for a short amount of time. Demigods are still mortals. But one blast of their powers could bring the enemies to ashes. Their eyes would glow in gold and their bodies would glow color according to whom they inherited their abilities.

Baguhan kami kaya wala kaming alam kung paano ito kontrolin. We need much time to learn it. Violeta told me she took four months to surpass the first stage. Sinabi niya rin sa akin na kapag masasaktan kami nang puwersahan at biglaan, the power within us will provoke and went berserk unconsciously to the point that the user can't even control it.

Naglalakihan ang mga mata ko nang makita kong biglang lumutang ang matulis na gunting. I was quick to gasp for air when I realized the edge of the scissors were pointing to Dash.

"Dash!"

Nkri yelled his name in the top of her lungs to get his attention and rush towards him. But she was too late. Nakita kong bumaon sa balikat ni Dash ang matulis na gunting. He then fell his knees upon the floor.

Kinapa ni Dash ang nagdurugo niyang balikat. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw Nkri stood few inches in front of us, stunned. Tila ba'y ipinako siya sa kinatatayuan niya. It explained why when we saw Dash's creepy green eyes.

This is going to be ugly, I thought.

Napasigaw si Violeta nang makita naming tumakbo si Nkri papalapit kay Dash. She hugged him tight. Plant vines were also quick to race down to her wrist. Tila naging lubid ito upang itali ang dalawang kamay ni Nkri.

Nkri did indeed restrain that from happening, but to no avail. Despite Nkri still kneeling upon the floor, she conjure a dagger on her left hand. Pagkatapos nito'y pinutol niya ang plant vines na nakatali sa mga kamay niya.

Habang ako naman ay nakatayo lang sa likuran nina Chry at Violeta na hindi alam ang gagawin. Fear instantaneously took over my system. My knees, my hands, and my lips are shivering. Sweats are all over my forehead.