IV: Dream of the Past

Chry's Point of View

Zeus, who apparently introduced himself to me as my father, when the Minotaur attacked me and my Mom. I am teetered between believing or not. I mean, gods and goddesses of the Greek pantheon? Is Mount Olympus, home of the gods, real? My Mom just died two days ago! How could I cope with these things?

"What the hell are you doing, Zeus? You really had the audacity to bring your bastard daughter here in the palace! She's a demigod, you know that!" the goddess' voice who I feared echoed inside this hall of the gods.

It was Hera, the goddess of marriage and birth and the queen of Olympus.

While staying here in Olympus, I noticed that the gods seemed agitated of what's coming. Their voices that seemed arguing were always echoed here inside the hall of the gods. I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but one time, I overheard them talking about something serious.

They said; if Poseidon, the god of the sea, hadn't done anything to Artemis, the goddess of the hunt, wilderness, virginity, the moon, archery, childbirth, protection, and plague, the rebellion wouldn't be awaken . . . once again. A curse of the three faces.

I don't know what it means, but it seems like the world is in peril. And they are mentioning the word 'again', which means it happened before.

"What's the problem with that, Hera? I am the king, therefore, I am the one who decides! If you are so against me for taking her here in Olympus, perhaps, I can turn her completely as a goddess," Zeus answered in anger. And looked at his wife in disgust. "I know everything you did. You tried to kill her multiple times!"

I saw Hera clenched her fist scornfully.

"I don't care if I tried to kill your new bastard child several times! You've been such an unfaithful husband ever since the beginning! What do you expect in me? Just sit with my throne, and pretend that I am blind?!" Hera said and looked at me dreadfully, made me flinch where I was standing. Seconds have passed, she calmed herself. But, her dreadful and disgusted stare remained. "You are the one who said not to interfere with humanity, yet you are here thinking a stupid decision. There's a goddess who is destined to take over your throne according to Apollo. She's an alpha, but she had the ability to be an omega. There are rumors that this goddess had a worse temper than yours," Hera added, and then immediately excused herself.

I heard Zeus heaved a sigh and said.

"Who is that goddess?" Made Hera stopped from walking away.

"The cursed goddess."

Napamulat na lang ako sa panaginip ng nakaraan. Nasaan na ba 'yang isinumpang diyosa upang matigil na ang pagiging paranoid ng mga deities sa paggising muli ng rebellion? It's still vivid in my memories how flashy Mt. Olympus was.

Majority of things inside the home of the gods were in shiny gold. Pero kahit na nandoon ako, feeling ko hindi ako belong do'n.

Despite I hate Hera, pinagpasalamat ko pa rin sa kaniya na itinakas niya ako sa Olympus. At dinala rito sa Imitheos Academy. That was enough generosity I acknowledge. Imitheos Academy, school for demigods, is located above the water. It is said that this school was established by Poseidon himself. The academy is connected right directly to his palace. Which means, under the school, the realm of Poseidon resides.

Lumabas na ako ng aking kuwarto pagkatapos kong maghilamos. Bumaba ako ng hagdan para pumunta ng kitchen upang magkape. My face quickly grimaced as I saw Reann at the kitchen. Enjoy na enjoy pa siya sa kinakain niyang bread na may lamang tuna omelet. Nilagpasan ko lang siya't dumiretso sa lagayan ng aming mug.

"Good morning, Chry!" masiglang bati pa niya sa akin.

Reann Serad, the lieutenant hunter of the goddess Artemis. She slept here last night at our dorm, while her companions and goddess Artemis were camping at the academy's field. Sabi niya pa kagabi, binigyan daw siya ng pahintulot ni Artemis na matulog sa dorm para naman ay makapag-bonding kami bago sila umalis.

Lady Artemis and her hunters suddenly arrived last night at the academy. Of course, everyone went out of our dormitories to give her a proper greeting. Nandito lang sila para magpalipas ng gabi. Maya-maya pa'y alam kong aalis na rin sila. Hunting season na kasi.

"Good morning," maikli kong bati pabalik sa kaniya. At umupo kaharap siya.

I am curious what it would be like to be Lady Artemis' huntress. I mean, yeah, given na roon ang blessing niya na eternal youth and agelessness. What I am really curious about is what it would be like fighting alongside a deity.

"You are always beautiful, Chry," puri pa niya sa akin.

Napaangat ako sa aking ulo't tiningnan siya. Sumalubong sa akin ang shoulder-length raven black na buhok niya. Maging ang kaniyang maitim na mata. Pero ang nag-agaw talaga ng pansin ko ay ang suot-suot niyang crescent moon golden circlet. My eyes instantaneously rolled when I saw her mischievous smile gradually plastered upon her lips.

"I know," I replied coldly. "Anyways, where are the others?"

Napatingin ulit ako sa kaniya nang bigla na lamang siyang tumawa. Napangiti ako nang patago. I am happy for her after what happened to her few years ago. During the claiming ceremony, she was not claimed by her deity.

After that devastating situation, she decided to go back to the mortal realm. On her way home, the Minotaur attacked them.

And that's when the goddess Artemis saved her from danger. When she laid her eyes on her, she immediately recognized the goddess. She kneels before her and praises how beautiful she is. She told us, she greatly felt the sense of family when she was in the presence of Lady Artemis. And that same day, the goddess offered her to join the hunt.

"Miracle!" she shouted.

But I wonder how Lady Artemis handle her with such energy like that. Napailing ako dahil sa pinakita niyang kilos. Despite everything that happened to her, hindi pa rin nawawala ang pagiging energetic niya. And within those years, she seem happy.

"Miracle talaga para sa akin na mag-alala ang anak ni Zeus, e, palagi kaya siyang dinadalaw ng red days," natutuwang sabi niya.

That's right. I am Chrysos, the daughter of Zeus, the Lord of the Sky.

Hindi ko na lamang siya pinansin pa't itinuon na lamang ang aking atensyon sa kape. As I made a quick bite from my bread, we heard the dormitory's door creaked open. Dumaan ang ilang segundo, nandito na sa kusina ang dalawang demigod na kararating lang.

"Saan ba kayo galing?" Reann asked them.

Umupo naman si Blei sa isa pang upuan dito sa kitchen at hinarap kami.

"We are planning to celebrate my birthday tomorrow, so galing kami sa mall para bumili ng ihahanda namin bukas," nahihiya niyang sabi.

I scoff secretly.

Blei, the daughter of Poseidon, the Lord of the Sea.

Well, bali-baliktarin man ang mundo namana niya sa deity niya ang pagiging gentle. Everyone in the academy even give her the nickname, the shy seaweed. Geez, kung alam lang nila kung gaano ka-corny pakinggan.

"Oh, that's great!" energetic na saad ni Reann. But I could trace the sadness in her voice when she said those words. "Ikaw ba ang magluluto para kay Blei, Fuego?" she asked Fuego.

Fuego, the son of Hephaestus, the god of blacksmiths and fire.

I saw Fuego nodded as a response. Inilapag naman nito sa lamesa ang pinamili nila. Aside from him being the weaponry and machinery expert, Fuego knows how to cook. Nang maubos ko ang kape na iniinom ko ay inilagay ko ito sa lababo at tumayo. Napatingin silang tatlo sa akin.

"I'll go outside," paalam ko't lumabas.

I just want to refresh my mind. Kapag kasi sa umaga, gusto ko ng tahimik. Nang makalabas ako sa dormitory ay naglakad-lakad ako sa hallway. Kakahakbang ko lang nang biglang tumunog ang conch horn. Senyales na may nakitang pangitain ang anak ni Apollo.

Ito na ba ang tungkol sa pinagtatalunan ng mga Olympians?