LI: Fallen Fortress

Blei's Point of View

When Heshiena closed her eyes, the environment embraced with sorrow. Ang sakit. Sa sobrang sakit, hindi ko na alam kung paano patigilin ang pagragasa ng aking mga luha. Ace were sobbing as loud as he could get while holding Violeta on his arms. Palipat-lipat ang tingin niya kay Violeta at Heshiena.

Umiwas ako ng tingin dahil sa nasaksihan.

Chry was constantly cursing herself. Sumunod naman ang pagkulog at pagkidlat sa kalangitan. Nagsi-atrasan ang aking mga luha nang biglang may sumabog sa labas. Lahat kami napasilip. My eyes widened as the monsters were entering free in our realm.

The academy were invaded by the enemies. Sa likod ng mga kahoy, sa hindi kalayuan, tanaw-tanaw ko sa kalangitan ang itim na usok sa bawat bahagi ng realm. Tila galing ang mga 'yon sa pagsabog. It's a sign that the entire realm is under attack.

"Intruders!" Sigawan ng mga estudyante.

Chry was quick to rush outside. Sumunod kaagad kami. Feugo covered Heshiena and Violeta with white blanket, and wiped his tears one last time. Two cyclops were in the school ground, antagonizing the establishment with their enormous hammer.

They are fifteen feet tall, causing their height to reach the second floor of the building. The gods were twenty feet compared to them. But, they're still tall compared to someone like us. I saw Erin instantaneously rendered herself invisible and rushed towards the cyclops.

Chry used her lightning to flight with her palms facing the ground. Erin's explosives echoed, causing the cyclops winced in pain. Kasunod naman ang pagtama ng mga kidlat ni Chry sa kanila.

"Oh god."

Bulalas ko na lamang nang mahagilap ng aking mata ang apat pang klaseng halimaw ang nagsisuguran sa premises ng academy. There are Laestrygonians, a tribe of man-eating giants. I couldn't believe that the three flesh-eating and blood-suckers female daemons of Hecate is here as our enemies: empousa, mormolykeiai, and lamiai.

By far, this is what I remember.

Lamiai is a woman who became a child-eating monster after her children were destroyed by Hera, who learned her husband Zeus' trysts with her. Hera afflicted her with sleeplessness so she would anguish constantly, but Zeus gave her the ability to remove her own eyes.

"It can't be," sabi ko sa aking sarili.

These daemons are under the control of the goddess Hecate.

Nagmamadali akong ikinumpas ang aking mga kamay nang makita kong dinadagan ng lamiai ang isang Chamilos Magna na nakikipaglaban sa isang empousa. I was quick to harden the water I manipulated by increasing the tension of it. And create a water giant fist that imitates my left hand.

Before the lamiai could touch her with her lizard-like claws, I smashed her with my giant fist to the ground. The ground cracked because of the impact.

But when I removed my giant fist from the ground, my eyes grew wider in surprise when I saw nothing happened to her, except a single droplet of blood dripping from the left side of her lips.

Nakaluhod ang kaniyang isang tuhod. And shield herself with her arm. Chills impetuously race down my spine when she smirk. Her green eyes with serpentine slits and her crocodile teeth gives me tremendous terror.

I was taken aback.

Dahil dito ay mabilis niya akong niluksuhan. But that doesn't mean, I haven't come up a plan to counter her attack. Sa pagkakataong 'to, siya na naman ang nagulat nang tumagos sa katawan ko ang kuko niya. Water mimicry is advantageous when it comes like this.