Chapter Forty-Nine

Creaking open, the front door let in a breeze of cold air. The blonde tried to open it slowly, as to not cause a commotion. He shut it, making a clicking sound. It was early enough that he could just tell Ashton he checked the mail.

  "Ahem," came a very sharp voice from the living room. Ashton sat in one of the living room chairs, looking cross.

  Michael was gone, still checking for Luke.

  Crap, Luke thought, knowing he had been caught.

  "Good morning!" He cheered falsely, entering the room with fake confidence.

  "Where were you?" Ashton demanded.

  "Checking the mail," Luke replied.

  Ashton was livid, he stood from the chair, nearly ready to take Luke over his knee right then.

  "I meant last night! Where were you? We looked all over for you!"

  "We?"

  "Michael and I. In fact, he's just stopped looking. We were up all night wondering where you were!"

  "I-"

  "And why you didn't answer our calls! Give me your phone, now!" Ashton snapped.

  Luke scrambled to find his phone, handing it to Ashton quickly.

  "You're grounded for a very long time, Luke," Ashton said, anger dripping from his tone.

  "Ash, I'm sorry." Luke pleaded.

  "Don't even try that apology crap with me! I called and called and called. I was up all night, worried sick about you! I told you 'no' to going to the party and you still went, on a school night none the less!" Ashton was yelling in Luke's face. The blonde cringed.

  He didn't know what to say other than, "I'm sorry" and Ashton didn't seem to like that response.

  Luke waited for Ashton to say something. He was standing, just looking at Luke, deciding what to do.

  "I'm going to spank you now, and again when Michael comes back, so he can see what your blatant disobedience earns you."

  "Ashton that isn't fair!" Luke spat.

  "We spent five hours calling and looking for you! Was that fair?" Ashton retorted, forcing Luke up, over his knees.

  "But I'm an adult, I can do what I want!" Luke tried, to no avail.

  "You and I have had this discussion many times, Luke, and you know that our contract has rules. You knew better. You're just sorry that you were caught disobeying once again".

  Ashton unbuttoned Luke's jeans, pushing them down as much as he could, followed by Luke's underwear.

  "I hate you!" Luke shouted, kicking his legs, defiantly protesting his punishment.

  Ashton didn't even give that a response, he landed five brief swats to Luke's bottom with hand, before picking up a paddle he laid beside him on the couch.

  Luke hadn't noticed it before since he was so worked up, Ashton brought the paddle down on Luke's bottom.

  "Oww!" Sniped the blonde, tears quickly sprung to his eyes.

"Get used to it. We aren't even close to being done" Ashton warned.

  Luke continued kicking his legs and begging to be let go of.

  He didn't think it would worsen for him, but it did when his usually cheery best friend entered the room.

  Michael was tired. He was out of breath from walking to all of their usual hangout spots. Michael didn't even feel weird watching his best friend receive a punishment from Ashton. He was ticked off by the blonde boy too.

  "Ashy, I'm sorry!" Luke pleaded, knowing he would end up sobbing if Ashton didn't stop.

  He gripped the bottoms of Ashton's jeans and cried everytime his bottom was smacked with the paddle. He didn't even try to bite his lip. Luke cried and kicked and wailed, telling Ashton over and over that he hated him.

   Ashton zoned out all of Luke's pleas and hate towards him. Michael didn't even look sympathetic for his friend, who was beyond kicking and crying then, and was full on sobbing.

   Ashton decided then would be a good time to take a break. He set down the paddle and pulled up Luke's boxers.

  Luke laid there crying still.

  "Go stand in the corner," Ashton said while pointing. Luke cried at that. He didn't want his best friend to see him being treated so childishly.

  The blonde slowly pushed himself from Ashton's lap, embarrassment flooding his cheeks.

  He turned and stood in the corner, sobbing then, mostly from embarrassment.

  "Five minutes, and then Michael is going to spank you as well". Ashton warned. Luke pouted, nearly ready to start up crying again.

  "I-im sorry" he begged.

  "Too late. If you had even answered our calls it wouldn't have been this bad, but not knowing where you were and when you'd be back isn't okay" Ashton replied, handing the paddle to Michael, who held it awkwardly, not looking forward to punishing his best friend, again.