Chapter Eleven

Author note: I just had so many ideas for this story, updates ahead

Monday morning.

Both men were preparing to mosey on through the Monday. Ashton combed his hair, slicking it back after he had dressed in a dark blue suit. Underneath the suit jacket was a band tee shirt. He decided it was Monday, kick back a little.

  Luke dressed himself in a black sweater and black skinny jeans. Monday to him, meant emo apparently. He gelled his quiff up, and met Ashton in the living room.

  "You gonna wear your black converse too?" Ashton joked.

  "No, my red ones. Black would clash". Luke sassed. Ashton threw his arms on the air at Luke's statement.

  ***

Incase anyone is curious, Luke's class schedule goes like this:

9 am - medieval literature

10 am - advanced calculus

11 pm to 12 pm - free/lunch

12 pm - beginning Spanish

1 pm - biology in the tropics

His university day ends at 2 pm

***

Luke loved his classes this semester. He hadn't talked to many people yet, but the professors were extremely interested in the topics they taught, making the lessons easier to digest. The only class he had any issue with was Spanish. It was never his strong suit. The Spanish professor was a very laidback older lady with short black hair. She wore blazers and long skirts. Luke thought she looked like the type of grandma that would make you cookies and then tell you how to be a bad @ss.

  When she announced they had a test next Wednesday, Luke felt like he was going to die. He had lost track of time and didn't even realize the test was so soon. Some of his classmates we're a bit pale and clammy after hearing about the upcoming test as well. After the professor's announcement she kindly told everyone to have a nice day and to do their best.

  Her words flew over Luke. He was panicked. None of his other professors had given out any tests yet. He hadn't taken a test in years. When it came to Spanish, he was super confused. The word "hola" was the only one he felt confident about and that wouldn't get him very far.

   His next class was biology, which he was great at. It helped to move his mind from the stressful topic of Spanish. He actually helped some of the people next to him understand concepts and they were grateful because the professor was difficult to understand. He talked fast and had a thick accent that Luke wasn't even sure where it was from.

  When his day ended, he had been prepared to take the bus home until he spotted Ashton waving at his from the parking lot. He's such a dork Luke thought as he strided over to the older man.

  "Hey how was your day?" Ashton questioned.

  "I survived," Luke grinned.

  "They let me out early today, is there anything you wanted to do? Catch a movie? Go to the mall? Art museum? Music store?"

  "Hmm, those are all such great choices, but... Definitely music store!"

  Ashton grinned at the nineteen year old. He had seen major improvements in the boy in the short amount of time he had been with him. And Ashton felt less lonely in his oversized mansion. Plus they were getting along great. He had really come to admire their friendship, even though their dynamic was unusal. And Luke would die if any of his friends or aquaintances knew about him still being punished at home, but he liked living with Ashton. Ashton actually listened to him and wanted to be around him.

  ***

  "Are you sure thats all you wanted? I can send my personal shopper back out-"

  "Ashton, I promise, it's great!" Luke beamed at the little golden guitar pick that Ashton bought him. The little object had much more meaning to Luke than Ashton could realize.

  Ashton didn't have the patience to play the guitar. He was better at hitting things, it didn't require as much patience.

   Somehow they had spent two hours at music shop. Ashton couldn't believe that after all that time Luke only left with a small little $15 object.

  Once Luke was in his room, he found a home for his little guitar pick and he decided he should start on his homework. It was piling up in all of his classes. His professors never went light with class work. There was no way he would have time to study for the test and still function. He felt like even if he did study that he still wouldn't do well.

  So, he didn't study.

  He went to all of his classes the next day, participated in all of them except for Spanish, went home, and again, didn't study.

  Luke knew his lack of effort was bad, but studying and stressing only to fail would make him lose his mind. He had never asked for help before, that didn't seem like the answer.

  He had no idea what to do.

   Until the day of the test came, he had an idea.