Chapter Thirteen

I felt cruel just writing this lol

"Luke Hemming, please call administration immediately."

  Luke kept replaying the voicemail left by his university. It terrified him. The voice was deep and commanding. He couldn't bring himself to call. Even though he had somewhat taken his mind off of his cheating, he was still thinking about it.

  The blonde had just woken up. He was wearing a pair of plaid gray pajama bottoms and a black t shirt with black socks. His hair was a nest on his head.

  Students that get caught cheating are typically expelled. Plagarism was not tolerated.

  Luke put his phone in his back pocket. He quickly went to the kitchen to grab a hot cup of coffee. Ashton came out of his room stretching and yawning.

  "Morning kiddo," Ashton greeted while he moved past Luke to get himself some coffee.

  "You seem tense today, you okay?"

  "Y-yeah" Luke lied.

   "Oh man, I have a bunch of voicemails, probably from the office". Ashton groaned. Luke panicked. They were definitely not from the office.

  Ashton was listed as Luke's emergency contact. It made sense that his college would call him too.

  The older man sighed as he played through the first voicemail. "Ashton Irwin, this is the university calling in regards to Luke Hemmings. He is suspected of plagarism from another student. Please call us back as soon as you can. Administration wants to speak to you and Luke immediately".

  Ashton's face fell. "Luke, what's this about? Did someone cheat off of you?"

  "N-not exactly". Luke muttered, feeling terrified. The last thing he wanted was to be expelled from University. He was trying so hard not to cry again. He hated himself for doing what he did.

  "You cheated off of another student?" Ashton gasped. Luke nodded, tears fell.

  Ashton had no idea how to react. Luke was standing there with tears falling down his face, his coffee was gone.

  "Is that how you got good grades all throughout college? You've been cheating." Ashton said dryly. His voice heavy with disappointment.

  "No! This was the only time! I didn't mean to!"

   "How do you accidentally cheat on a test? Tell me, wise guy?" Ashton spat.

   "I thought I was going to fail! I didn't want to fail my class!"

   "You could be expelled, Luke!"

   Luke rubbed his eyes and sped down the hallway to his room. Even Ashton was in disbelief with him. He stood in his place before calming down enough to call back Luke's university.

He was going to do everything in his power to keep Luke at the college.

  ***

  Eventually, Ashton and Luke had set up an appointment to talk to the university's administration. Luke was dressed casually while Ashton wore a suit. They were silent the entire car ride over. Luke kept his gaze out the window, while Ashton focused on the streets.

   Luke wished Ashton could just punish him and make everything go away, but it was much more complicated than that.

  Once at the university, Ashton turned to face Luke.

  "I'm really disappointed in you, Luke, but I want you to know, whatever happens, I'll always give you a second chance."

  Luke nodded his head, talking would cause him to cry again and he felt pathetic for crying so much already.

  They headed up the four dreadul floors until they made it to the dean's office. Professor Paylor, who majored in public speaking, was a force to be reckoned with. Two other administrators, Professor Blanch and Professor Bradley sat on her left and right side.

  "Luke, Ashton, come in." Dean Paylor    said calmly. The two other men seemed agitated. Luke really hoped Ashton would do most of the talking for him.

  The office was huge. It was round and a large brown desk sat in the middle. Dean Paylor sat behind the desk while the professors sat in lazy chairs next to her.

  "Take a seat gentlemen." Paylor said coldly. Both Luke and Ashton complied.

   "We are aware that you copied answers on a test, Luke. That isn't tolerated at all. The tests were both flagged because they received failing grades. And all the answers were the same. Even the written ones."

  It was silent before Ashton spoke up, "Luke didn't mean to cause such a commotion. And he'll accept the failing grade. He has a peculiar situation".

  Luke glared at Ashton. He did not want to accept the failing grade. And he didn't want to tell anyone about his situation.

  "How so, Luke?" Paylor pushed.

  "Uh, I was homeless for the past three years," Luke barely muttered.

  "Yes, that does line up with your academic drop out. We were wondering why you had left. You had been doing so well..."

  "I'm sorry, professor".

   "Your situation is definitely not usual, but cheating is still not tolerated. We must deal with it. Expulsion is our only choice".

  "Dean Paylor, I know that me simply telling you that he won't ever cheat again isn't enough, but I do give Luke certain disciplines still. I know they are strange for someone his age, but they do leave an impact on his psyche". Ashton reasoned.

   Luke paled, he felt sick to his stomach. Don't tell them don't tell please oh please. Luke wouldn't the able to handle the embarrassment of everyone knowing he was punished like a child at the age of nineteen. He still hated thinking about it himself.

   "What disciplines?" Professor Bradley questioned.

   "Tell them," Ashton urged Luke. Luke looked absolutely mortified.

  When Luke said nothing, Ashton pressed on, "would you prefer me to show them?"

  "No!" All three professors were curious as to what Ashton meant. "Ashton spanks me". Luke glared at his feet.

  "Is that effective on an adolescent?" Professor Blanch asked. He was in the psychology department and truly interested in Ashton's methods.

  "Maybe not all, but Luke and I have a dynamic worked out. I usually spank him for very serious offenses, or concerning things."

  "Even without expulsion, Luke will not be allowed to retake his test. He'd have to accept failing the first one". Professor Paylor said. She was quiet on the topic, for her, spanking was more of an erotic treasure. And even though it was horribly inappropriate, she was rather interested in Ashton's appearance.

  "Luke will be just fine with that, Dean Paylor. I truly appreciate you giving him a second chance."

  "Of course," she coughed, "as long as he is punished for his cheating and it never happens again-he may remain at this school".