Chapter 14

Credit goes to Aceisforeverloved for finding this song about Misty. It's called Fight Song by Rachel Platten.

Credit goes to StarWolfLegacy for making this picture of Misty! Thank you SO much again!! It's perfect!!

"Rascal!" Misty's voice rang out with joy. She rushed forward and touched her nose to his. They sat like that a moment longer, melting in each other's love.

Tyrant, Thunder, Melody, Oak, and Magnus glanced every which way as they took in the place. Melody suspiciously whispered in Thunder's ear while Oak narrowed his eyes at the vicious wolves.

Frost and Moon bounded over to their Packmates and greeted them.

"I was so scared..." Misty trailed off.

"Shh...It's okay. I'm alive." Rascal whispered soothingly.

Red Fang Pack snarled insults at the newcomers. Hawkeye barged to the front and let out a howl.

Misty glanced, confused, at her mate. She and Rascal twitched their ears nervously.

"Flame Woods, eh?" A voice echoed.

Misty turned in the direction of the new sound and flattened her ears.

A wolf form stood in the shadowed entrance of a den. Misty couldn't make out any details since the wolf was hiding in the dark.

"Yes, ma'am," Hawkeye reported with a snarky glance at Misty and her Packmates. "They've come to take back what's theirs."

A rustling noise signaled that the strange wolf was stepping out into the light.

She was a slender, long-legged red and white dappled she-wolf with one amber eye and one blue eye. Her figure was very slender and graceful. She was a beautiful wolf. In her stance and posture, she displayed such authority that it made the wolves around her quiver.

She strolled into the clearing with a stony face. "Good. Maybe it'll teach them to stay on their side of the border."

Rascal's mouth was on the ground. Misty basically felt the same way. She wasn't sure if they really had an alpha or if they tried to seem stronger without one.

Tyrant's eyes flashed with surprise. Other than that he gave nothing else away.

He padded to meet her, dipping his head in respect. "My name is Tyrant, alpha of Flame Woods Pack."

The she-wolf grunted in acknowledgment. "I'm Mystique, alpha of Red Fang Pack."

Tyrant's eyes flicked over her. "I apologize, but I've never seen a wolf with your pattern. You're very...strange, for a wolf."