Chapter 33: How love should be.

Here we are. The final chapter of my story. I hope you guys like it. Let me know what you think of it. If you have any questions of why i created the storyline like this, feel free to ask.

Enjoy 😘

I was lying in my bed, all curled up, crying out loud. Rethinking about what just happend. How Emma ran through the door to stop me from the biggest mistake of my life and left..just as fast. The look in her eyes i saw just an hour ago. Why didn’t i stop her? Why didn’t i fight for her? I look at the ground and see a piece of paper. My vows.. I think to myself. I wrote these vows because i believed in them.  I open the paper to reread it. 

Emma,

Once upon a time, there was a little boy who wanted to know who his real mom was. So i did what any parent would do. Grant her sons wish. I called you, you picked up the phone.. ever since the moment i heard your voice, i knew you were going to be a big part of my life. Now that voice is a sound i don’t ever want to forget. You are my hero, the one who saved me from my loneliness and i vow that i will forever return that favour. I vow that you will never be lonely, i vow that we will always be your family and i vow that i will love you no matter what. Emma, i don’t know anyone with a bigger heart than yours and i will do everything in my power to keep it safe, to keep it pure and to guard it with my life. You are the one i want to spend the rest of my life with. 

I love you Emma. 

A tear drops on the paper. I still believe.. I think to myself i can fix this. I get up and put on some clothes. I run to the door and open it. But then i stop. I see a shade behind the door and the doorbell rings. I open it immediately. ‘Hi Regina..’ – ‘Robin?’ I say in confusion. ‘Now is not a good time i have to go!’He stops me. ‘Now is a great time! I ran into your runaway bride, she was running back to Mary-Margaret and David. I figured, you turned her down. You need to have your reasons for it. Like.. i’m the reason?.’ He grabs my hand. ‘Robin stop, it’s not about you!’ I say angry. He grabs my arm this time. ‘Regina, stop denying it. You love me.’ I push him away. ‘Get away from me!’ I yell and run towards my car. I drive off and watch Robin just standing still as i left him. 'Fucking asshole.' I say out loud, giggling after realizing i cursed.
____________________________________

I lay in my parents bed with my sweatpants on. I look like a total zombie and i cried for the past 2 hours. Now it just stopped. I cried enough tears and i feel empty. I’m lying here just staring. I hear voices coming from downstairs. Tamara, David and Mary-Margaret are talking shit about Regina and that hurts even more. I want to make them shut up, but i don’t have the energy to get up or even speak. They brought Henry to a friend’s house, so he could play this afternoon. Of course he understands what’s going on, but it’s good for him to get a bit of distraction. He can’t be around any of his mothers right now, because we’re both total wrecks. At least i am. I wonder if Regina is just as hurt as i am. I just know that i’m totally broken and don’t want to move. I listen again, listen to the voices. ‘How could she do that to Emma?’ – ‘ She is a witch.’ And stuff like that. She’s not. How could she not do this to me. Apparently i’m not enough to love. First, by my parents, my foster parents, my ex girlfriends and now, Regina. I stare at the sealing. Enough with the self pity. I think to myself. Of course i’m enough. I’m sure it’s not even about me but all about Regina. It’s her fault. The doorbell rings. I listen again. I hear David walking towards the door. I hear the door handle being pulled and then... silence. When suddenly Mary Margaret yells: ‘YOU!’ followed by David telling her to hold herself together. When i finally hear a familiar voice. ‘Can i speak to Emma?’ the familiar voice says and i jump up. ‘You should go, Regina.’ David says with a calm voice. At this point the only thing i’m thinking is, Yes you can! When my thoughts get interrupted by Tamara. ‘Regina, you lost the right to talk to her for a while. It’s so fresh right now.’ Finally i have the energy to get up and walk to the stairs. I walk a few stairs down. ‘Please, guys. Let her come in.’ I say. And David does as i say and steps aside. ‘We’ll be at granny’s if you need us, Emma.’ David says and the three of them go. I walk downstairs and look Regina in the eyes. She’s been crying a lot too. I can see it. ‘Emma, i don’t want to lose you.’ She begins. I point my hand towards the couch and she sits down. ‘It was never my intention to ruin anything we have.’ She continues. ‘I didn’t get cold fever. Somehow, i knew it was too soon for me this whole time.’ My face changes from sad to angry. ‘You could have told me that when i asked you to marry me!’ I say angry. ‘Emma, i know! Of course i know that, i should have. But it felt right at the time.’ Somehow my sadness disappears. In a way, her being here comforts me. She wants to fight for us. I think to myself. ‘It was going too fast for me. I love you so much and what we have is so real, i don’t ever want to lose that. I don’t want to rush it.’ - ‘I feel humiliated.’ I tell her. She turns her head the other way in pain. ‘I am so sorry i wasn’t honest with you. I wanted it to work so bad. I wanted to feel happy about marrying you. But, i wasn’t. I know i will someday, but not yet.’ She tells me honestly. We sit here for a while.. in silence. She holds my hand. I still don’t have a lot of energy to speak. I also don’t really know what to say. ‘ Do you want a life with me?’ I ask. ‘Yes, without any doubt.’ She smiles. That makes me smile too. ‘So you don’t want to break up?’ I keep asking. ‘No, Emma.. that’s the last thing i want.’ I role my eyes. ‘How could you do this to me? Rip out my heart like that, making me think we are over?’ She squeezes my hand. ‘I never wanted that. You are the love of my life. We live together, we have a son together. I want you!’ She says. My hand reaches for her cheek and i pull her in. I kiss her on her soft lips and hold it like that for seconds. Not wanting to pull away. We finally catch our breaths. ‘So what now?’ I ask. ‘Well, i want you to come back home. Just, not yet as a married couple.’ – ‘So we continue where we left of as if nothing happend?’ I ask. ‘Can we do that?’ She respons. ‘I think i want that.’ I laugh and we kiss again. ‘I’m sorry Regina, i shouldn’t have pushed you. Used Henry to make you say yes.. i realize i might have rush into things a bit and i’m sorry.’ – ‘It’s not your fault Em. A love story has two sides. I wasn’t being honest.’ 
_____________________________________

And so Emma and i went home. Picked up Henry from his friend and explained how every love story has his tales to tell. Ours is beautiful. The look on Henry’s face when we told him we would stay together was so precious. We put him to bed at night, where he wants to know more from the story. So Emma lies there next to him. I hold his hand and begin his bedtime story.

Once upon a time, there was an ice queen. Henry interrupted me: ‘No, make her the evil queen!’ he yelled. I laughed. ‘So that’s how you see me?’ And i tickled him. Emma laughed with me and got my back tickeling him. ‘No, please stop!’ He yelled while laughing and we stopped. ‘Alright. Once upon a time there was an Evil queen.’ I continued. .. 

The evil queen ruled the enchanted forest from her castle. It was a very big castle at the edge of the forest. Little did the villagers know of how lonely the evil queen was. The only thing they knew was the queen being evil. Until one day, her baby prince was born. A son was delivered by one of the villagers. Who was the one that gave her life meaning again? She did not know, nor did she care. The only thing she saw was her emptiness being reduced again. She raised he prince for 10 years until one day, the prince told her the love of her life would come by. That love was the villager who delivered the prince to the evil queen. Impossible! The queen told him. She wasn’t one to love. But one day, a brave warrior princess.. ‘The queens savior!’ Henry interrupted. ‘Alright.. the queens savior.’ I agreed and continued. Well she came by and they fell in love with just one look. The savior told the evil queen she wanted to see how she raised the prince and from that day on, they were inseparable. They loved each other and the prince with all they had and they would never be apart ever again. The savior made the evil queen open up and see the light she had never seen. The queen vowed to make her happy for the rest of her life and she did everything in her power to make that happen. In their love journey they fought obstacles, demons, dragons and villains but nothing could stop them from staying together. Their love was stronger than those obstacles. Their love for each other made everything else seem small. When something would happen in their journey, they faced it together, they fought it together for the rest of their lives. They fought for their own happily ever after.

I look up and see Emma and Henry fell fast asleep. I kiss Henry on his forehead. ‘And that my boy, is how love should be.’ I wake Emma softly. ‘Come to bed my love.’ I say and she yawns. She gets up and we both walk to our bedroom. 
‘I loved the story.’ Emma says. ‘You didn’t hear it all.’ I laugh. ‘I did, but the rest of the story isn’t for children’s ears.’ Emma says as she pulls me in and takes off my clothes. ‘I love you, Regina. No matter what.’ She says and i smile. ‘I love you too, Emma. Forever and for always.’ 

The end.