chapter 9: "Quality time"

"Henry, are you ready to go?!!" we both helped Regina clean up the mess we made so she didn't have to do it all herself. "Yes! what are we going to do?" Henry stands up from his chair and i follow him to the hall where our jackets are. Regina follows us to let us out. "Have fun Henry, i'm sure you like where you're going." Of course I had to tell Regina where i was taking him, i still need to earn her trust with her son, which is understandable. "Emma, here is my cell number, if anything is wrong, call me." she called me Emma again! things are going the right way. "Thanks, let me put my number in your phone too." Regina gives me her phone and our hands touch. She must have felt something... I save my number in her contact list with the name: 'Hot Swan', to make a joke out of it and give Regina her phone back. "Thank you miss..." she looks at her phone and stops talking. She looks at me and i can totally see a little smile on her face. She raises an eyebrow and locks her eyes on mine. "Have fun, have him back at 10." Henry gives his mother a hug and we wave her goodbye. We jump in my yellow bug and i start it. I wait a moment before i drive away. I turn myself to face Henry. "So kid, how do you like..'ice skating?" Suddenly, a bright, big smile appears on his face and his eyes widen. He looks like a cartoon character with lots of sparkles in his eyes after seeing a bunch of food or something like that. His face expression warms me and a huge smile appears on my face when he finally speaks after sucking it all in. "ICE SKATING?! Yes! i've never done that before.. but..where? there is no ice in Storybrooke right now." --"No kid, we have to drive out of town to go to the ice skating hall, but i can assure you, it's going to be worth it!"

After a 15 minute drive with lots of laughs and talking about him growing up with Regina, we arrive at the skating hall. I park my yellow bug and we get out of the car. "My mom says that your car is a hideous yellow monster." Henry says with a serious face while we walk to the entrance. "Haha kid, i love your honesty. But she's kind of right though, that's why i love it so much." --"How can you love something that's ugly?" --"Well Henry, it's about the inside that matters, and it still drives now, doesn't it?" Henry nods understandable as we walk to the cashier to get our tickets. I take the tickets and we go through the small portals to get to the ice skating rent. We rent the right size for our feet and make our way to the skating rink. "Okay kid, this rink is for beginners. I think we both need to get used to sliding right?" We laugh as we hit the rink and do our very best to stand on our skates. Which is pretty hard to do. "Can i get one of those metal racks those kids are sliding with?" He asks me when he sees a few kids slide easily with the metal rack things. "I think we can both use them! Let's get two!" We slowly slide to the side of the skating course and get a help piece to skate with. "Now this works better for us!" I joke when we totally own the rink with our beginners luck. After half an hour, Henry is done with his metal rack and wants to try it on his own. He skates all alone to the other side of the rink, slowly, but steady. He arrived at the other side and i cheer for him, still holding my new friend to keep me up my feet. "Yeah you go Henry!" He wants to turn around to skate back to me, but he loses ballance. He tries to keep himself on his feet but he can't get the right grip anymore and falls on his butt. I'm scared he totally broke something and i let go of my metal friend to skate towards him. I reached his location and i see him laughing out loud when he hit the cold ice. He startled me and i realized i kept ballance along the way, untill now.. i face the ice, try to catch myself with two hands but fall too hard. I hear a crack in my wrist but the cold ice keeps it from hurting too much. Because of the crack i realize i could have broke something. I don't want Henry to notice i'm hurt, so i laugh with him. Which wasn't that hard because i should have looked like a young foal trying to walk around for the first time. We both burst out laughing and try to reach the dry land again. Henry convinced me to go for a hot chocolate in the café before we go home so we take on our shoes.

We arrived at the café and order our hot chocolates with, of course, Cinnamon. We sit down cozy because Henry has a lot of questions he wants to ask me, so i let him. "Emma? Do you have a dog? I want one, but mom won't let me cause it is a responilly." I chuckle because of his prenounce "Yes, it is a responsibility Kid. Sadly, i have no dog. I have a very busy job so i'm not home very often. --"Oh.. and does your boyfriend don't mind that? Is he my dad?" He keeps brabbling about one thing and another and i really don't know how to answer this right. "Henry, i don't have a boyfriend." I finally say and hopes he's fine with my aswer. "But how did you have me?" He looks very confused at this moment so i decide to tell the truth. He clearly knows he didn't come flying with the stork. "There was a boyfriend before, but we broke up kid. And yes, that man is your dad..but i really don't know where he is" --"Why did you broke up?" I'm not even sure Regina will allow me to open up to him like this, but i don't want to lie. "Because i like girls, Henry. I want a girlfriend one day." I see him think this over and takes a sip from his coco. I decide to do the same. Then after a minute he finally speaks "So, you are going to marry Ruby then? Are you in love with her?" My eyes widen and then i laugh. "Haha, Kid Ruby is not my girlfriend, but yes.. i will marry a girl one day." He jumps up and a bright smile appears. "So will Ruby, she is just like you Emma. She likes girls too! I like Ruby, she is sweet to me." I stand up with him and give him an approval look. I take the coco mugs to the counter when i realize my wrist hurts more than i thought..

It's 9.30 pm so we walk back to the car. "Fun is over kid, i have to take you home, we're lucky your mom let you go on a school night. Did you have fun?" I ask while taking our seats in the hideous yellow monster, Regina nicknamed him. "It was awesome! Can we go again someday?" He gives me his puppy eyes and i nod. "Of course we can kid, maybe your mom would like to come then too." He sits back satisfied and within a minute he fell asleep as i continue my way back to Storybrooke.

We arrived at the mansion so i wake Henry up. "We're here kid, let me take you to your mother and i'll be seeing you soon okay?" His sleepy eyes open and he nods. We get out of the car and walk to the front porch. I rang the bell and after a minute Regina opens the door. I can't help but smile when i see her beautiful appearance. She makes eye contact with me and smiles back. "Henry, sweety..how was it?" -- "It was so much fun mom! I want to go again one day and then you have to come with me and emma!" Regina looks back up to me and nods. "Yes, that sounds like fun dear." Henry throws off his jacket and runs inside the house. "Henry Mills, aren't you forgetting something?" He walk back slowly and looks confused. "Thank miss Swan for taking you to the ice skating hall..?" She raises an eyebrow at Henry and he looks down to the floor. "I'm sorry mom, i forgot!" He runs back to me and i receive a hug from my long lost son. "Thank you, i had a great time!" --"You're welcome kid." He runs back to the livingroom and i face Regina again. "He slept the whole way back..and i think i broke my wrist, so i'm going to see a doctor tomorrow." I show a smile of humaliation. Regina looks confused and then starts laughing. "Hahaha are you serious? You broke something while ice skating... i mean..aww, i hope it's going to be okay.." She says sarcastic. "Yeah, laugh all you want..next time, we'll see who's the best skater when you join us!" We stand there for a minute but it feels like hours, just looking at eachother shy not really know what to say. "Goodnight miss Mills, thank you again for letting me hang out with him." --"You're welcome miss Swan. Goodnight." And she closes the door..