Chapter 7: "The talk"

I'm having breakfast before i'm going to see Regina at her office today. She didn't seem to be mad at me when i saw her this morning, which is a good thing. I can't have that with the Henry situation. I see Ruby staring at me behind the counter as i finish up my breakfast. I stand up and take my plate to her. "How long have you been staring at me miss gorgeous?" --"Oh, not long. Just somewhere between you coming down the stairs, till you finishing your breakfast and delivering your emty plate to me." She giggles and i smile at her. I give her the money that i owe her for breakfast and put on my red leather jacket. "I'm off to see Regina, i'll be back later." I bend over the counter to kiss her goodbye. "Thank you for last night Emma, it was amazing." She gives me those eyes and i can't help but smile at that sight. Am i in love with her? What is this feeling she gives me..? "It sure was, Ruby." She winks at me and i'm heading out to visit the town hall and apologize to Regina..

_______________________________________
It's 10.30 am. What time is Emma planning to come over? And what does she want to talk to me about? Henry? She is pretty clear about what she thinks about me, but that doesn't change the fact that Henry wants to get to know her..

"Miss Mills, Miss Swan is here to see you." My assistant informs me over the intercom. "Let her in, please." After a minute, the door opens and that familiar red leather jacket is walking in. Red leather looks so sexy on her. "Miss Swan, what can i do for you?" I ask with a professional attitude. "Mayor Mills, i believe i owe you an apology. I was way out of line the other day, i shouldn't have snap about the homo thing. I'm sorry." I widen my eyes and nod polite. "Thank you, i appreciate your apology. I can assure you that i am not a homophobe. Was that all, miss Swan?" I look at her with eyes that say that she needs to leave..now. but she stays. Even worse, she keeps talking and i really don't want to see her right now. "It's just that.. i feel this tension from you towards Ruby and i don't get it, she does seem to like you. I know it's none of my business but i.." i shut her off before she can say anything else. "Indeed it is NONE of your business miss Swan." I stand up and walk towards the blonde. Why am i walking towards her, keep your distance Regina. "You see, there is nothing i don't like about Ruby, so i don't know what kind of idea is running in your head." -- "Then what is it miss Mills..is there something else? You seem so tensed, what is bothering you?" She strokes my arm and tries to comfort me and i can't help but feel warm inside. "What do you care miss Swan, you don't know me. Why do you want to know what is going on in my mind?" She comes closer to me and now we're face to face staring at eachother. She grabs my hand. I want to pull back but i can't. My body doesn't want to let go of her hand. "That's just the thing, i feel like i know you for years, there is just something about you that makes me want to be around you." I look at her surprised. Did she really just said that she wants to be around me? "Emma, i-- i can't tell what's going on with me. It's too personal." She nods understandable and let's go of my hand. I called her Emma..there goes my professional attitude.. I grab her hand back and pull her closer to me. Oh no Regina don't go there! "I-- don't know what's going on with me when you're around." I let go of her hand and put my hands behind her head. I bite my lips and i see Emma is looking at my lips and bites hers too. I lean in and suddenly i feel her lips on mine. I kiss her..with passion. She kisses me back and we just stand there..kissing passionately. I feel the fireworks they talk about in the movies. I've never felt like this before. I don't know what's going on with me, but i finally feel complete for some reason, untill my consious is taking over again. Ruby.. she is with Ruby, how can i kiss her when she was kissing another woman this morning. And probably last night too.. maybe even more? I pull away from her and feel my lips with my fingers. "Miss Swan i'm sorry. I don't know what is coming over me. Please forget that this ever happend."

_______________________________________
Regina is biting her lip and it really turns me on. I look at her lips and i can't help but bite my lip too. What does she mean by this? She leans in and suddenly i feel her lips on mine and we're kissing. How the hell are we kissing right now? I don't want to question it. This kiss is with so much passion and i can feel the sparks coming off. This feeling, it completes me. Her kiss completes me. But then she pulls away and this realistic dream ends. "Miss Swan i'm sorry. I don't know what is coming over me. Please forget that this ever happend." She looks like she is in panic about the kiss. "Regina, calm down. I-- I can't forget this. It was amazing to me..perfect even" I try to calm her down and she finally sits down on her desk. I see a tear coming down her cheek and i suddenly feel bad about the kiss. "Regi..i didn't even noticed i keep saying her first name..miss Mills. What's wrong? Why did you kiss me?" She looks up at me and i see more tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry i did that miss Swan." She said it with so much regret that it finally hit me. "Miss Mills..are you gay?" She looked shocked that i said her name and 'gay' in the same sentence. She stands up and takes her seat back behind her desk, not even wanting to look at me. "I see.... You're in denial. I should go." I want to walk out of the door when she finally speaks. "Miss Swan, i assume you won't speak about this to anyone else, not to mention Henry. And i am not gay. I'm sorry about this, you're with Ruby. I didn't know what i was thinking." She says with a straight face. I turn around to look at her "For one, miss Mills. I will never 'out' anyone, no, and not to Henry either..especially not him. Second, i'm not 'with' Ruby, i know her for 2 days. And thirth.. i am so sorry you can't be yourself. If you can one day, i'd love to be there for you. This is a battle you have to win yourself." I turn around and open the door. I look back at a pretty sad looking mayor. "Regina, that kiss was magic to me, and something tells me..it was to you too." I leave her office with those last words..