Chapter 13: Homesick

'Why have you been reading my messages?' I ask Ruby in disbelief. 'For the record Emma, i haven't. The message popped up when i was looking at the time. And i'm not mad because of Regina.' - 'Then what are you mad about?' I ask confused. 'Emma, it's fine if you're seeing other women. Really, we're not together so you can do whatever you want. I just hate it when people lie to me. You could have said you were with her, instead of Henry.' - 'You're right, i should've been honest.' I look at her with an apoligizing gaze. 'Yes, you should have. Then maybe i wouldn't feel like such a fool right now.' She goes back to her work and i hesitate before i answer her. 'Ruby, i'm really sorry..' she turns around to get back at me. 'And here i was..thinking you actually liked me.' - 'I do like you, Ruby. It's not that i'm using you or anything.' At least i don't think i am.. I think to myself as Ruby forcing herself into a little smile. 'Em, it's fine. You should figure it out. Till then, i'm right here. Altho you won't be in a week..i'll get over it.' She gives me a wink and turns around again. After a moment Granny comes back from the kitchen to serve me my breakfast.
_______________________________________

It's the weekend and i'm in the kitchen making coffee. Henry is upstairs playing video games. I notice i have a text message and i'm hoping it's from a certain miss Swan.

E: Definitley.
...

That's a yes! I can't help but smile, but also feel a little weird. No, regina.. you were so close not letting her in. What do i do.. how can i stop this? I think to myself as i make up excuses. I can't be with her like that. I decide to text her again.

R: Rain check on the wine, i mean. I don't want to give you the wrong idea.

I immediatley regret this, but it's for the best. I treat myself to a morning coffee and wait for Emma to respond. Finally my phone buzzes.

E: Noted.

After a few minutes Henry comes down. 'Goodmorning mom, how about breakfast at Granny's?' - 'Hi sweety, that's a great idea. Let me get my bag'. I grab my bag and we put on our coats as we make our way to Granny's.

When we arrive at Granny's i spot a blonde woman with a red leather jacket. Of course.. she stays here. The annoying bell rings when Henry and i enter the door. Ruby is taking an order at a table when she looks up. 'Goodmorning Mayor Mills, i'll be right with you.' She says polite and Emma turns around when she hears my name. Oh no. Should i greet her? I think to myself when Emma takes the lead. 'Hi Henry, how are you kid?' Henry looks up, running towards Emma and embraces her with a warm hug. I join my son at the bar as he greets her. 'Goodmorning, miss Swan. Care to join us?' - 'Thank you, miss Mills, but i actually just finished my breakfast and about to head out.' She says with a straight face. She faces Henry 'See you later kid?' Henry nodds and Emma leaves the door.

Henry and i make our way over to a table when Ruby comes to join us to take our order. 'What can i get you? Today's special is a mixed omelet. It kinda doesn't know what it is.' I look back at Ruby and think about it for a moment while she waits for me to respond. 'That sounds great. I'll have that.' - 'Yeah, thought so. And how about you Henry?' He thinks about it for a moment. 'I'll have pancakes, please!' He says enthusiastic. Ruby leaves to get us our order and i take out my phone to send Emma a text.
______________________________________

I walk around town, really missing New York at the moment. I screwed up with Ruby. Regina is screwing up with me and i don't know what to do. The only reason to stay in this town is Henry. I really feel like going back to work, without any drama. Well, there's a lot of crime. I'd rather fight crime at this point. I feel my phone buzz and it's Regina.

R: Are you okay? You seemed a little off this morning.

Oh, really Mayor Mills? Really? Screw you. I find a wooden bench and i take the opportunity to sit down. As i look in the distance all i see is the ocean. I grab my phone and dial Tamara's phone number. After a minute she picks up.

T: 'Em, my girl! How is lonelybrooke?'

E: 'Hey T. I'm coming home.'

T:'Oh hell yes you are! I'm falling apart without you. Greg is being stressed out. This New Jersey agent who covers you, is a pain in the ass! And i need ice cream and a good movie with you.'

E:' Haha T, calm down! I miss you too. I have to tell Henry first. I'll be back in like 2 days or so.'

T: 'Great, we'll catch up then. Call me when you're home. I have to go now. Greg needs me to do paperwork. Love you!'

E:' Wow, good luck. Bye!'

I hang up on Tamara and text Regina back.

E: Can i see Henry today? I have to tell him something. Feel free to join.
...
R: Oh, sure. Dinner tonight at 6 at the mansion?
...
E: See you tonight.

To be continued.