☾8: Zhoie Nam 'Z' Harriet

• Dedicated to Zhoie Blairre Harriet Montereal

[Zhoie]

I was just reading the papers that I have to sign for tomorrow's conference meeting when I suddenly heard a knock.

“Come in,” I answered. The door opened and Lola's secretary walk towards me and handed another bunch of papers. I tsk.

“Miss, pinapabigay po ni Madame. That's the list of names of the transferees of GIA,” aniya

I just nod and raised my hand gesturing that it's okay now and she can leave. She was already nearing the door when I remembered something.

“Wait, tell the driver to ready the car,” I told her. She said okay and leave afterwards.

Huminto ako sa pagpirma when my gaze landed at the papers she handed in. Did she just say lists of names of transferees?

I grab the papers and read the words written on the first page. Out of all the words I've read, what caught my attention was the school where the students coming from.

St. Sebastian High...

What does this mean? That school is going to transfer out their students on GIA? For what?

As far as I know, that school hates our school, so why are they transferring some students now?

I scanned the followed papers to see the names and profiles of the students who will be transferring on Monday—tomorrow, when my phone suddenly rings.

I look at it and saw Jasha's name on the caller ID

Jl calling...

I didn't pick it up, instead, I stood up from my seat then grab my bag and phone before leaving my study room.

The maids greeted me when they saw me leaving. I told them to tell Lola that I'm going for lunch with my friends—she already knows who they are.

“Where to, Miss?” the driver asked.

“Mall,” I answered timidly before turning on the phone and read some emails and messages from our group chat. I felt the car moved.

They are bombing me questions now on where am I or whatsoever. I decided to just tell them I'm already on my way.

I read some emails about the marketing team's agenda and so on and so forth. I sighed.

“Fuck!” I hissed when suddenly the car stops.

“Miss, pasensya na po. Okay lang po ba kayo?” the driver asked panicking. Thinking that I'll probably fire him for being stupid.

“What the fuck happened?” I asked him coldly.

“Nabangga ho tayo. Iyong isang sasakyan ho kasi sa unahan natin bigla na lamang huminto—” I interrupt him by raising my hand.

“Pay for the damage and tell him to fucking rot in hell for being a wreckless driver,” I gritted.

Lumabas naman siya para tignan 'yong damages. I left inside so I had to roll-down the window's glass to breathe some fresh air because honestly speaking, what happened stresses me out.

I look in front to see what's happening now. I saw the driver talking to a guy — probably at the same age of mine. It was probably the one we got bumped into. 

I was just looking at them when the guy look at my direction, ah no, he's probably looking at the car or whatsoever. I muffled a curse when my phone vibrated.

I look at it and it was Mishia who's calling. This time, I answered it.

(Where are you?)

“On my way,” i answered

(That's also your answer 20 minutes ago.)

“I'll be there soon.”

(Okay.)

I ended the call. Sakto namang pumasok din yung driver.

He told me everything's okay and starts the engine again. Ipapaayos niya na lang daw iyong nasira sa harapan ng sasakyan pagkahatid sakin. I didn't bother answering him. He can just throw this car let Lola buy a new one. Who cares about a damaged car anyway. Tss.

“Nashiel!”  I heard someone shouted that when we passed by the car we just bumped into.

Curious at who he is calling at dahil kami lang naman ang saksakyang nandoon, I look at the side mirror on the driver's seat.

I saw the guy na kausap ng driver kanina na nakatayo habang nakatingin sa sasakyan kong papalayo. I couldn't see how he exactly look like but he was somehow familiar to me.

Who was that?

Instead of thinking about that, I focused myself on the emails that I have to read and some office works I have to manage. He's not important anyway. I still need to tell the girls that there's a group of boys who will be transferring in our school.

I tsked.