23- Infection (2)

Pat POV

"WAKE UP YOU BLUE EYED, GLOWING PIECE OF-"

"WHAT! What? What's happening? What did I do?" I grumble, sitting up and rubbing my eyes. Jen grones under her breath, turning over and covering her ears with the pillow. Is that-

There's a loud banging on the door, accompanied by a booming, raspy voice. "YOU DIDDLY DARN SCREWED UP THAT'S WHAT! GET OUT HERE, NOW!"

Yep.

I'm dead.

"Okay okay! I get it!" I quickly slip on new shorts and put on my helmet, simply not bothering with anything else. Opening the bedroom door, I'm greeted to Scarlett, who looks.... pissed is the delicate way to put it.

Her eyes are a bright glowing blue, with the pupils practically pinpricks, and under them are dark purple circles. Her whole body is tense, with fists clenched, wings slightly spread, gritted teeth, shoulders slightly raised, tail coiled, and her nose flaring up a bit of smoke. Her hair is a lot more messy then usual, with magic sparking up and down her body. Finally, along horns reads a big message written in marker: "You snooze, you loose," in all capitals.

"Speak of the devil." I mumble, bearly meeting her gaze. "What happened to you, and how are you even here-"

Scarlett cuts me off, grabbing my shoulder and pulling me just a few inches away from her face. "You think this is funny Glow-stick?" She hisses, a mixture of hatred and panic in her eyes. "I don't know what crap you're trying to pull on me, but I'll be damned if you get away with it."

"Uh, S-Scarlett?" I stutter, trying it push her away. "I-I have no idea w-what you're talking about."

"Oh really?" She laughs dryly, gripping my shoulder tighter. "Well buddy, wanna know what I woke up to at 3:30 AM instead of getting some actual rest for once in my life?" Scarlett clenches her empty fist until her knuckles are white, holding my shoulder even tighter. "I woke up to my safe melted, the window open, and the potion containing that dark magic gone and with the broken bottle pieces scattered all over the ground." Her eyes narrow even more. "Then I look in the mirror to find this," she points to her horns, "on my head."

Suddenly, the realization dawns on me. Scarlett thinks I did that as some sort of prank.... To be fair we did have that war...

Trying to speak calmly, I place a hand on her hand that's gripping my shoulder. "Half-blood, listen. That wasn't me. I was fast asleep last night. Just ask Jen!" I smile nervously, pushing her away a little.

Scarlett suddenly smiles, but it isn't normal. It's almost... Cruel. "Oh I don't think you did this, I just need to check something." She pulls me even closer, her clenched fist swinging and hitting me in the gut, knocking the breath out of me.

Coughing, I wrap my arms around my stomach and sink to the ground on my knees, only to glare up at her when I've regained my breath. "W-What was that for then?"

With a huff, Scarlett bends down to my level and inspects my eyes for a few seconds. Then quickly stands back up and starts to walk twords Jen, hitting the back of my head with her tail. "Guess you're the real one."

Struggling to stand, I manage to face her. "H-Hey! What do you think you're doing?"

Scarlett turns her head, only to give me a death glare before moving on. She shakes Jen by the shoulder, tail lashing with pent up anger.

Jen stirs, grunting before sitting up, half asleep. "What's with all the yelling?" She mumbles, standing up and adjusting her pink nightgown. "Is there a problem?"