17- Eye

Jen POV

"Ow." Pat suddenly mutters, forcefully pulling away from the hug. One hand shoots up to his left eye, and he backs away from me. "Ow ow ow!"

I look up at him in confusion and worry. "What's wrong?" He gets off the bed and tries to stand, but stumbles, gripping the bedside table for support. "Pat?" He grits his teeth, mumbling in incohesively to himself before sliding into a sitting  position on the floor, now using both hands to hold his left eye. I take a cautiously step  towards him and once again ask. "What's wrong?" 

I finally manage to make out a few of the words Pat's mumbling. "It...burns..." 

"What burns?" I ask worriedly, hoping that it's just dust and he's overreacting.

"My eye...it hurts..." 

I crouch down in front of him, but he won't look at me with his good eye. "Can I see?" I ask carefully. Pat suddenly stares at me, his expression blank. "Hello?" 

Suddenly, his expression turns into a glare, and he growls in anger. Then, he kicks me as hard as possible in the chest. 

Emotions hit me before the pain as I surge backwards and skid against the hardwood floors. Then the pain sets in worse then I could imagine. My mind screams so many things I can't make out my own thoughts. I simply lie on the ground for a while, everything a blur, and I can only hear "Get out! Get away from me!" I can barely feel the tears trickle down my cheeks, and my thoughts spiral in confusion. What just happened? What did I do? What's going on? Why? WHY?

My body trembles violently as I struggle to stand, staring at my husband on the verge of a breakdown. He's backed himself against the wall, glaring at me with his left eye now uncovered...and the edges crackling in a dark blue with the center tipped in red. The normal bright blue I've always found deep and hypnotizing enough where I could stare into them for days, is flickering and starting to fade away. No.

"P-Pat-"

"You heard me!" He snaps, "Stay away!"

I manage to back up, stumbling towards the door as my heart beats faster and faster. He's dying. My hand reaches up and grabs the cold metal door knob, and I burst out of the room. Then fall to the ground once again due to the throbbing heartache in my chest. The door behind me slams shut with a flash of blue, and I yell for help. "Scarlett!"

But she was already beside me, helping me up quickly. "Woah woah woah. Easy Jen, calm down." She says with worry written all over her face. She spots the red mark on my chest in her eyes widen. "What happened?"

"Something's wrong with Pat!" I blur out, hyperventilating and not able to think clearly. "His eye- and he said it burned- and he yelled stay away- and and he was mad at me- b-but I don't know- I don't- I don't know what I- I don't know what to do!"

Scarlett's gaze darkens, and she grabs my shoulders tightly. "Jen, you need to breathe. I know it hurts but I need you to breathe and listen to me." I nod, taking deep breaths and meeting her gaze. "Good, now you have a choice. You can leave and not come back until I say it's safe- which is fine- or you can help me out. But if you hold me back this won't go well. Do you understand?"

I nod again. My body stopped shaking, and physically I seem to have calmed down a bit. "I-I'll stay."

My friend tilts her head, a look of concern in her eyes. "You don't have to you know."

"I want to."

Scarlett nods, swiftly going back to the kitchen counter. "Your choice." I notice an assortment of potions, pots and bottles, along with a strange book next to her backpack. "You need to help me if so, we don't have much time before his expires."

Please read this...
A/N: Hey guys GUESS WHO'S BACK!?
*Dodges a chair that labled "It's been almost a month wtf Flame"*
Yeah yeah I know. Jokes on you, you can't sit anymore. *Takes chair and sits on it* Look, I've had school testing and exams and personal stuff so when I do get time to myself I want to relax. (And Wattpad deleted this chapter earlier if you saw that update so ugh).

However, I've felt bad for not updating so I made two very important decisions for the future.

One- I finished over 375 math topics on a website called Aleks so I don't have to take my math exam and I get a free 💯! *Pumps fist* this means no more homework the rest of the school year because I don't have to study WOOO! I get a head start on summer break... kinda. Hey I'll take it.

Two- D&D/Summer camps. Though my free 100 on the math exam let's me get a head start on doing more Wattpad, (even though I'm lazy) I have a weekend get together with my friends to play D&D on Saturday, and this might change and be more often in the summer. 😅 And I always to Theatre summer camps where I do get my phone for the week just not as much time, and my Church summer camp where I don't get my phone at all... 😅😅😅 Don't kill me.

Anyway, my third small thing would be just that I'm cutting this chapter short because I want to post this out.

Another thing is that it's really close to my one year anniversary on Wattpad! Can't wait to celebrate that! How should I though? Hmm...

See ya guys!