18- Cure

Scarlett POV

"Wait, what? How?" Jen shouts in confusion, following me tentatively to the counter.

"Just hand me the ingredients from my backpack as I name them."

"B-But you said before his time expires. What do you mean?"

I wince, hating myself for letting that slip out, then turn my back on Jen. "Don't worry... Nothing will happen, I won't let it. Now hand me a relief potion."

"Okay... Um..." I hear a few bottles clink together and on the ground as Jen empties my backpack in a rush. "Which one again?"

I sigh, using my magic to stir the pot and turn on the heat. "The dark blue one."

"Oh, here!"

She practically shoves the potion in my face and I start to pour in half of it. "Next is vitality."

"Why do you lable these in Dragon Tongue?" Jen growls, annoyed.

"Because I've had people break in before, so I figure I can at least make their life harder. Just hand me the pastel orange one."

"Oh, well um, here."

I pour a third in as the mixture starts to bubble, and I take a look at the next two ingredients. I feel the color drain from my face. Undead and scent... That's unconventional. "Um..." I hesitate, staring at the book, then go back to stirring. "Hand me a lime green one and a violet one."

"There you go. Anything else?" Jen says, handing them over quicker this time.

"No thanks." I flash her a small smile before the mixture starts to boil. I quickly put out the fire, as the potion turns appear white and starts to expand. Picking up the pot, the sloshing liquid drips evenly into an empty bottle, a strange smell filling the air.

"Ewww!" Jen shouts, plugging her nose in disgust. "What is that?"

The scent is like rotten eggs that are mixed with spoiled milk, then was microwaved with spaghetti sauce for a hour, then was thrown in an ice chamber with 500 peppermint candies, then finally wrapped in chocolate seaweed. So that's what happens when you mix undead with all that.

I quickly plug the potion with a rubber cork, and shake it a little as the bottle heats up. "It's done." I speak evenly, trying to hide my own panic of my rushed job. I could have gotten some measurements wrong, or worse! But I keep my outward appearance calm. "Now we have to get Pat to drink this."

"Good luck with that." Jen mutters, staring at the bottle with wide eyes. "He's already a picky eater.

I roll my eyes. "I'm sure once we save his life, he'll thank us."

"Are you sure that won't kill him?" She asks worriedly.

"Sick, but not die." I nod my head. "We need to get him sick."

"Wha-huh?" Jen pauses, then narrows her eyes. "What are you planning to do anyway?"

My tail twitches and slight annoyance due to my friend not trusting me, but I simply blink at her. "Just stay back when I give it to him, and don't touch the black, alright?"

She nods slowly. I was about to say something else when we're cut off by a crash from the bedroom, along with muffled shouting.

A/N: Hey dudes! So, um, I cutting this one short so I can get something out today. Once I post this I'll start working on the next one, which is going to be long. Also, next week and the week after I'm going to a theater camp sooo...
Sorry
But not really
Bye.