2- Waking Concerns

Pat POV

I wake up in a cold sweat, my heart beating at a million miles per hour, and gasping for breath. Tears already steaming down my face before I even woke up. I feel my throat, and for a moment, it still felt like I was being choked. I start to tremble from what I just saw, even if it was just a dream. I've had nightmares before, but nothing like that. It all felt real.

Jen! I turn to my side and breath a sigh of relief. Jen is still there, unharmed. I see the clock reads 1:30 and groan, putting my hands to my forehead. Jen suddenly stirs a little, and starts to wake up.

"Pat?" She moans. "Why are you up?" She rubs her eyes and looks at me. "Are you crying? What happened?" I quickly pull her into a hug, which startles her. "Whoa Pat, seriously, what happened."

My voice comes out low and hesitant, "I just had a really, really bad dream."

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Jen asks carefully. She pulls out of my hug and looks at me. Her eyes plastered in worry and concern.

"I guess, maybe, I don't know." I look down and think. How do you explain something like that? "Hey, I just had a dream where I watched an evil version of myself kill you. Then kill me."

"You don't have to." Jen sighs. I know she's worried about me, but that dream. A shiver runs down my spine while remembering. I realize that I need to tell her. Something like that....

"You really want to know?" I ask cautiously, putting a hint of warning in my tone. Jen slowly nods in response. "Alright."

_______________________________________

I told her everything. Not in detail but still everything. She stares at me for a moment, then wraps her arms around my neck, pulling me into a hug.

"Don't worry. I'm still here, and you're still alive. It was just a dream." Jen whispers in my ear.

"I know Jen, you don't have to-," I trail off, half rolling my eyes, but smile.

To be honest, this isn't the first time I've had dreams like this, but that was the worst one I can remember. They almost never involved Jen, and I was never emotionally teased. Not only that, but it felt completely real. I don't want her to worry though. We both still need sleep.

She pulls away. "Are you going to be okay? I know I couldn't get to sleep after that."

I shrug, "Yeah, I should be fine. I've delt with this before."

"Alright, if you're sure." She says, leaning forward and giving me a small kiss. She then yawns, pulling the covers over herself and snuggles close to me. "I love you."

"Love you too Jen." I whisper.

Some time later, while she's asleep, I hear the words from my dream echo in my mind. Worthless, No friends, no family, no one. pathetic little coward. I turn over, rustling and unable to sleep. Mentally groaning, I tell myself it was just a dream. None of it is real. How would it be?

"Why would Jen ever love you?"

I sit up, startled, and look around. That, wasn't in my dream. What in the world? Of course Jen loves me, she literally just said that.

"Does she love you, or just pity you?"

I blink a several times, shaking my head. I need to get some sleep. My mind is messing with me.

With that, I lay my head down and slowly drift off.

I dream of nothing.

A/N: Guys, the next chapter sucks XD