9- Broken

Jen POV

"And that's all?" Scarlett asks, tappings the pencil she had used to take notes.

"That's the gist of it yeah." I whisper, feeling a little guilty for talking about Pat like he's a psycho.

Scarlett sighs, leaning back in her chair. "Jen," she says carefully, "I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but-"

"N-No. Don't talk like that." I grit my teeth. "Pat isn't crazy!"

"That's..." She shakes her head, "Your heart's denial. Look at the facts."

"No no no!" I shout, "You're no help! You were supposed to fix this!"

"Jen there's not going to be a magical solution to everything, and in case you didn't know, I'm not a psychiatrist!"

"B-But there's no cause!"

Scarlett takes a breath, "You're not gonna like my answer to that."

I stare at her, horrified, then sit down to take it in. "Listen," She continues, "I don't think you understand the volume of the trauma he went through as a child. That trauma never left him during his life, he never was able to get help, so, maybe he's just...snapped."

"That what about Evil Pat? That can't be from his past."

"There's no such thing as Evil Pat. I think that's just a projection."

"No..." I whimper, "This can't be happening... Pat has gotten better. He can talk about it now and..." I start to break down, burying my face in my arms and sobbing. Scarlett's wing rubs my back comfortingly. "What am I supposed to tell him?"

"I'm so sorry Jen. I don't know what to tell you." She wraps her wings around me, pulling me into a gental embrace.

"And you're sure?" I ask, looking at her through teary eyes. "You're sure that there isn't anything else?"

"I..." She pauses, "Look, I don't have a PhD or anything like that. I can only tell you this isn't someone possessing or taking control. This isn't anything like that, the rest you'll have to leave to a real doctor."

"I... please, tell me something good." I whisper.

"Well...you didn't wait any longer. Pat isn't to far gone."

I finally start to completely break down, my whole body shaking with each sob. I clutch the sides of my stomach, trembling violently and the room swirls. My vision blurry from tears and the flow like streams down my face. Only one thought echoes in my mind, Why?

A/N: For those of you who want a theory, here's some questions. What is Evil Pat. If he's real, where did her come from. Is it really Jen's heart denial.

ReMeMbEr, this is my we're talking about 😈🤣🙃