8- Lullaby

SHOUT OUT TO StaryNightLynx WHO IS AN AMAZING PERSON AND I CAN'T BELIEVE SOMEONE LIKE THIS EXISTS IN THE WORLD AND AHHHH!!!

Pat POV

"Pat," Jen puts her phone down for the second time, "maybe you shouldn't be here when Scarlett comes. It might..." She hesitates, biting her lip. "Hurt you..."

I blink a few times, taking a breath. "Yeah..." I've gotten used to Jen treating me like this. Then again, who could blame her. I realize how weird I sound, talking about voices and evil versions of myself. "Should I go now or..."

A knock on the door answers my question. Scarlett walks in as Jen responds "Come in." and she immediately locks her gaze with mine.

"You don't look so good."

"Blunt much?" I growl with a glare.

"Well," she sets down her backpack, pulling out a notepad and book, "Jen called me to help about you, soooo."

I nearly flinch, looking down numbly. "I'll just go..."

"Wait wh-"

I block out Scarlett's voice, retreating to the bedroom quickly so I won't have to hear Jen's explanation to what's going on.

I sit on the bed, tapping my foot and keeping my eyes trained on the ground. Trying to block out any thoughts, positive or negative, to keep a certain voice out of my head. However, I soon fail.

Why wouldn't you want to go to sleep? You are still tired.
I think you and I both know the answer to that.
What? No quip. No comeback?
Nope. Could care less about you to be perfectly honest.
I think you do care.
Now why's that?
Because you want to kill me.
I honestly think I've lost it.
Oh? Well, let me assure you, you're not crazy. Yet anyway.
Bite me.
Hahaha. Look who cares now.
And you suddenly don't?
I never said that, salty.
You're as annoying as a spam commenter.
Geeze you really are salty.
I wonder why.
Don't give me that tone.
Oh sure dad. Wait, if you were dad you would be dead. So, I kinda wish you two traded places.
Awww. Admit it, you would miss me.
Says the imaginary being.
Excuse me?
Allow me to clarify. You. Are. Not. Real.
...
I don't know what you are or where you came from, but something like you can't exist. Much less get in my mind.
...
What? No quip? No comeback?
Patrick?

I sit up straight, looking around the room frantically.

Are you having trouble sleeping again?
M-Mom? Wha... How?
Did you have another nightmare?
I...I...
Do you remember...?
Do you remember?
_____________________________________

I wake up to my mom shaking me awake. Still screaming and kicking, I nearly hit her on accident.

"Patrick!" She shouts, "Calm down, it's all right." Mom pulls me into a hug, tight but gental. Soothing me as I tremble. She pulls away, tilting my head up to face her, blue eyes glowing gently. "Shhhhh. Hush now. Did you have a bad dream?" 

I nod slowly, starting to calm down. "What was it about sweetie?"

"I-I... I'm not sure."

"What do you mean?"

"There was nothing but silver...and I could hear everyone screaming but I couldn't do anything...it... burned" Still whimpering, I curl into a small ball. "I don't wanna sleep."

"Now now. You need your sleep. Tell you what," I look up at Mom again, her gental tone surrounding me. "What if I sing to you? Would you like that?" I nod slowly, getting back under the covers and listening.

_____________________________________

Tears drip down my face, her voice as clear as day. I'm not entirely sure why. As her voice fills my mind, my eyes start to grow heavy. Maybe I could close them for a few seconds...

Re'uoy os kaew

A/N: Did I make you cry? Have a tendency to do that apparently. Dang.... I think all authors are secretly evil. There's even a joke going around with my friends saying- Karma is making a character backstory, time to hop on the feels train. XD see ya guys, oh also, check out Confined in the Void... If you want... *Shrugs*