ᴄɪɴQᴜᴀɴᴛᴀQᴜᴀᴛᴛʀᴏ - ᴘᴀꜱᴛ

Start from the beginning

No wonder, you have treated her in a despicable manner. You don't treat the woman you love with such dishonour.

I know. I know that. I crave to treat her like the majestic woman that she is, but the thought of her leaving me sickens me. I can't risk losing her, I will not allow that. That may be selfish of me, to hold her against her will and dictate her life, but that is the man that I am.

My pride gets the best of me, I can't allow her to see me weak. Not because I was embarrassed or humiliated, I wanted her to see every inch of me. But, because she would try to change me; I cannot, and I will not change. Not for anyone.

I hate to witness the streaks of tears creating a waterfall down her delicate cheeks, I hate to see her wallow and fade away. But, she isn't drowning in the world of darkness because she refuses to leave the light. She was truly a rare specimen. All mine.

Three loud knocks sounded from the doors of my office. I stiffened my posture, before stating in a deep voice.

"Come in."

The shuffle of feet from behind the doors was of nervousness. Causing me to smirk internally. The doors opened simultaneously, Alessio, Matteo and Francesco walking through, one behind the other.

Tilting my chin upwards to demonstrate my authority, I appointed.

"Francesco, I want you to track the recent activities of the 'триады', the statistics, patterns. Everything. I want to know what they are up to. I want them on my desk in four hours, not a minute early, not a minute late."

Francesco was my most trusted and most skilled technician, if anyone could get me the details in what I wanted, it would be him. He is a reliable and trustworthy source.

"Yes, Sir." He replied, his face stoic.

"Leave." I demanded, dismissively.

Turning to Matteo, I command lowly.

"Go to 'ectasi', Vladimir is waiting. Find out what the Russian's are planning next. If he tries something or appears as if he is hiding something. Kill him. But, not before compressing the answers from out of his pathetic being." My tone was no-nonsense, my hands gripping the edge of my desk at the sheer thought of the Russians.

He nodded callously, before turning on his heel and leaving.

I exhaled audibly, before focusing my attention on Alessio.

"Enzo will be arriving in the next hour, I expect you to be here, to record his findings." I stated firmly, frowning.

He nodded his head once, but it appeared as if he wanted to say something. So, I nodded my head, in a way for him to continue.

Clearing his throat, he says plainly.

"Will you be present, Sir?"

"Yes. Yes, I will, anything involving my wife, I will always be present." I answered, straightening up.

I rounded my desk and took a seat in my chair, nodding at Alessio to also take the seat before me. Resting my elbows upon the desk, I ask.

"How are you?" My voice lacked any emotions.

"Well Valentin, you?" He responded, now addressing me informally.

Alessio was an old friend of mine, more like a younger brother. I look out for him and he looks out for me. I may treat him coldly, but I did care. We were friends, but when it came to business we were no longer. But, a boss and his second in command. Acquaintances.

He was my most trusted man, and so far, he hadn't broken that loyalty. He understood the line between being professional and being 'normal'. And he knew when and how to use them both, however, I wouldn't class myself, him or any of my other associates as 'normal'. Far from it in fact.